• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
If he is qualified to play, I am all for it. Great publicity for the club game, if it brings in a few more viewers/spectators, what on earth is wrong with that?

And Dave, if we do not want ex-leaguies playing club rugby, who else should we ban? Bugger me, I grew up in an era when we were lilywhites. I do not want to go back in that direction, thanks all the same.

I still remember Michael Cleary being turned away from club membership at Eastwood because he switched codes.

Great publicity?? You taking the piss? He is unwanted at both league and union professional clubs currently facing multiple sexual assault charges.....if he is cleared go for it but until then I think it’s an incredibly stupid move.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Great publicity?? You taking the piss? He is unwanted at both league and union professional clubs currently facing multiple sexual assault charges...if he is cleared go for it but until then I think it’s an incredibly stupid move.

If it is a stupid move it won't happen. On the other hand, if it does happen there will be a lot more publicity for the poor little Shute Shield than it has had for years and years.

A much wiser man than I (and I suspect maybe he was a bit wiser even than some of the local experts) said "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

Maybe a few dozen more fans would tune in to the telecast. That would be a huge increase, eh?

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
If it is a stupid move it won't happen. On the other hand, if it does happen there will be a lot more publicity for the poor little Shute Shield than it has had for years and years.

A much wiser man than I (and I suspect maybe he was a bit wiser even than some of the local experts) said "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

Maybe a few dozen more fans would tune in to the telecast. That would be a huge increase, eh?

Nah apologies you’re right, the very public 15 or so players from the NRL who were charged for varying discrepancies during the off season is terrific publicity and the NRL is over the moon with the media attention they are getting for it

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How dare you come to a public forum where majority of people have hidden profiles and fake names and have the audacity to not specify a team you proudly follow.

GG really - ILTW has been posting for many years, you taking the piss aren't you?
I was surprised Wamberal hadnt picked his team yet.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
How dare you come to a public forum where majority of people have hidden profiles and fake names and have the audacity to not specify a team you proudly follow.

Does anybody use their real name on a forum like this? What an amazing proposition.

On the other hand, anybody who is a genuine club rugby supporter is proud of her or his team, and happy to be associated with it. Maybe a few nutcases enjoy playing around with the truth. They are fairly easy to spot, I would have thought.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
GG really - ILTW has been posting for many years, you taking the piss aren't you?
I was surprised Wamberal hadnt picked his team yet.

Mate, I do not care much either way. But I have noticed that the genuine supporters are happy to display their club logo.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Does anybody use their real name on a forum like this? What an amazing proposition.

On the other hand, anybody who is a genuine club rugby supporter is proud of her or his team, and happy to be associated with it. Maybe a few nutcases enjoy playing around with the truth. They are fairly easy to spot, I would have thought.

I use my name:)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I use my name, how come you dont?

Getting a bit antsy, eh, Dave? This is not like you. If you really are using your real name you are one of a very tiny minority. On the other hand, the vast majority are happy to nominate their club and province affiliations.

Glad to see people getting excited about a really important issue like this.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Getting a bit antsy, eh, Dave? This is not like you. If you really are using your real name you are one of a very tiny minority. On the other hand, the vast majority are happy to nominate their club and province affiliations.

Glad to see people getting excited about a really important issue like this.

Nah no - you will note i changed it to a smiley face when I saw who posted it - you, a good contributor.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Thanks, Dave. I do try to be positive, and I am a financial member of my club, even though we live a long way away now.

Go the Marlins, and go the Woodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.