• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Ladder

Randwick 28
UNI 26
Gordon 25
Southern 20
Eastwood 20
Norths 19

Warringah 15
Eastern S 12
Manly 10
West H 4
Hunter 3
2 Blues 0
Penrith 0

With 7 rounds left Manly, Wests, Hunter, WSTB and Penrith look gone. Rats just in touch and Easts hanging on by a thread.

Games for 29/8

Hunter v Easts
Randwick v Eastwood
Wests v Gordon
Penrith v Manly
Norths v WSTB
Warringah v Souths
Uni v BYE

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
^^^ Next week looking pretty critical

Rats can edge into the 6 with a BP win over Southern (and potentially go as high as 4th). A zero point loss could see both Easts and Manly overtake or level with them.

I am sure that Southern will be unhappy with the size of that loss after toppling Uni. Makes me think both Uni and Southern are not quite at the level Gordon and Randwick are.

Norths will stay in the 6 for another week but they have a very hard run home and looking vulnerable.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The run home for the current top 8 teams:

Uni - bye, WH, ES, R, G, NS, WSTB
Easts -NH, SD, U, M, P, WSTB, R
Randwick - E, G, NS, U, M, bye, ES
Eastwood - R, NS, M, P, bye, W, G
Gordon - WH, R, SD, NS, U, P, E
Norths - WSTB, E, R, G, SD, U, W
Warringah - SD, M, bye, WSTB, NH, E, NS
Souths - W, ES, G, NH, NS, M, WH

Easts don't have a bad run home but still come up against Uni and Randwick plus a game against Souths. I think they might stuggle to make up the ground they've lost.

Norths and Warringah in the last round may well decide who comes 6th/7th.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

Easts don't have a bad run home but still come up against Uni and Randwick plus a game against Souths. I think they might stuggle to make up the ground they've lost.

Rats still have the bye round though while Norths do not.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Rats still have the bye round though while Norths do not.

That's right, Norths are currently a win ahead of the Rats plus Warringah have played an extra game.

They each have to play WSTB, SD and Eastwood and Warringah have a game against Manly which on paper is easier but Manly v Warringah games are never easy regardless of where each sits on the table.

My gut feeling is that the top 6 will stay the same with Norths seemingly in the most danger of dropping out and Warringah with the best chance of forcing their way in.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
That's right, Norths are currently a win ahead of the Rats plus Warringah have played an extra game.

They each have to play WSTB, SD and Eastwood and Warringah have a game against Manly which on paper is easier but Manly v Warringah games are never easy regardless of where each sits on the table.

My gut feeling is that the top 6 will stay the same with Norths seemingly in the most danger of dropping out and Warringah with the best chance of forcing their way in.
I think Eastwood are probably on par with Norths to slip out with a bye and a number of tough fixtures in the remaining rounds.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
TV Game Next week is Randwick Vs Eastwood

Anyone know what it will be the following week?- I am guessing the Warringah/Manly game

And I hear some talk that this game might be moved from Manly oval to allow for a bigger crowd. Brookvale or Rat Park. Anyone able to confirm?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

Iam going to back Warringah to be in there next week. They might be finding some form. Wayne Borsack seems to have sorted alot of the scrum issues.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
TV Game Next week is Randwick Vs Eastwood

Anyone know what it will be the following week?- I am guessing the Warringah/Manly game

And I hear some talk that this game might be moved from Manly oval to allow for a bigger crowd. Brookvale or Rat Park. Anyone able to confirm?

Heard nothing yet - limited tickets were available to the local Manly junior club community online at Manly Oval and as far as I know they were sold out - a move to Brookie could make sense if that meant more punters were allowed in - though Manly Oval is the club's spiritual home...

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Heard nothing yet - limited tickets were available to the local Manly junior club community online at Manly Oval and as far as I know they were sold out - a move to Brookie could make sense if that meant more punters were allowed in - though Manly Oval is the club's spiritual home.

Sounds like it is staying at Manly oval - Hope it is televised

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)

Regarding Souths I thought they were going to struggle against Randwick last week as the injury toll bit hard with some form players out injured from the uni game. The 3 blue cards starting with #9 in the first 10mins made a bad situation worse. Souths don't quite have the depth at this stage of the two uni clubs inparticular.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Heard nothing yet - limited tickets were available to the local Manly junior club community online at Manly Oval and as far as I know they were sold out - a move to Brookie could make sense if that meant more punters were allowed in - though Manly Oval is the club's spiritual home.

I believe the game is sold out

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think Eastwood are probably on par with Norths to slip out with a bye and a number of tough fixtures in the remaining rounds.

Although Eastwood have Manly and Penrith and you'd expect them to beat Penrith while we've always struggled to beat Eastwood - even when there were times we were leading the competition.

The lower teams that Eastwood can struggle against are Wests and Parrmatta (aka WSTB) and they've already played those two danger games.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Round 7 Tips

Hunter v Easts
Randwick v Eastwood
Wests v Gordon
Penrith v Manly
Norths v WSTB
Warringah v Souths

tipping both Hunter and Penrith to have much closer loses -

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
After last week Penrith are in with a chance of heaping further humiliation on us.

They did lead for the first 1/4 vs Warringah, and the second half I think was 1 try a piece.

They just went to sleep for the 2nd quarter and Rats ran in tries all over the place.

If they could actually put a solid 80 mins of consistent rugby they could threaten anyone

The #8 had some nice runs,