• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Laney wrecked his shoulderlast week.
BJ played 2s and 70minutes of ones - both at 10.
He got my MOM in both games.

Its a bloody long time ago, but this reminded me of the year we won our first ever premiership, Third Grade. The Fourths were also in the Grand Final, they missed out unfortunately. But the Third Grade inside centre went off injured in the first few minutes, and the Fourth Grade fly half had to come on and played another whole game.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
TV Rights.
First grade is on delay.
Great we have this option now see other grades, Firsts on the box, not going to complain about the delay.

I understand for the main TV match, but the others aren't been broadcast. What rights are being infringed?

So they are restricted to highlights only at 7pm on Saturday and the full replay not till Sunday??

Anyway, this is very good.

Is one of the radio stations doing a call of one of the games? seem to remember that happening last year. would be good to get the radio call and the stream going together

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I believe this is included in the rights deal. They want Club Rugby fans to be watching the game of the day and then watch their own team later. As this is how they derive revenue.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Streams are new so I don't know how many people know about them.

Also I believe Wicks and Rats is on the radio.

I am sure someone else will know the ratings.

I believe that they are sharing the TV games around with Two Blues and Penrith (separately) likely to appear on TV over the next few weeks.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Streams are new so I don't know how many people know about them.

Also I believe Wicks and Rats is on the radio.

I am sure someone else will know the ratings.

I believe that they are sharing the TV games around with Two Blues and Penrith (separately) likely to appear on TV over the next few weeks.

I like them sharing it around. But I do think they should avoid games likely to be very one sided. Thats not good viewing and a good promotion of Rugby. I think it would be smarter to wait for the rounds when the weaker sides are playing each other

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just flicking through the channels on my sky NZ remote & came across Shute Shield LIVE one channel down from the dedicated rugby channel. Alternative is a replay of CruSadists v 'canes 2019 SF so I may stick with it for a while.

Edit: you'll no doubt be pleased to know that according to the synopsis SS is "Australia's premier club rugby competition." :)

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Results:

Eastern Surburbs 36 defeat West Harbour 10
Eastwood 46 defeat Hunter 11
Gordon 64 defeat Two Blues 0
Uni 10 defeat Manly 6
Norths 53 defeat Penrith 3
Randwick 13 defeat Warringah 8

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I thought that Wests would be better. Their big forwards are too slow/unfit to be effective. When the ball goes to the backs they tend to shuffle it across the field with nobody trying to break the line.

Easts were ok in patches and at least the were all fit and fast. Tactically they also played a smart game. They did enough to win but will struggle against better opponents.