• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Round 12

Uni Vs Norths
Eastwood Vs Warringah
WS2B Vs Easts (Cluch TV)
Hunter Vs West Harbour
Penrith Vs Gordon (Cluch TV)
Southern Vs Manly (Cluch TV)

TV Game is Uni Vs Norths - should be a cracker on 7 Two live 3:00pm

Cluch Tv streaming games indicated above.

I am led to believe the other 2 are covered by Bar TV

Radio calls on SWR - Links attached

Eastwood vs Warringah
https://www.swr999.com.au/ss1.html

Southern Vs Manly
https://www.swr999.com.au/ss2.html

I would have thought more people would be taking an interest in Shute Shield, given Sup finished and players have come back to club. Also given we are at the pointy end.

Streaming replays on Cluch Tv or Bar

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Apparently NOT ON 7-TWO

Tony Lewis post from FB

G’day, punters - a late change to tomorrow’s broadcast of the Uni vs Norths Shute Shield clash.
The game will be shown LIVE as usual on the 7Plus app but, on the TV, it will be shown on 7Flix (Ch#187 on the Foxtel box), NOT 7TWO.
I don’t know the reason for the change. I assume there’s a race meeting or something that 7 wants to show on 7TWO. Last week we were on 7Mate, so apologies for any confusion.
Please tell as many as you can that Uni vs Norths Shute Shield clash tomorrow is live on 7Flix (Ch187 on the Foxtel box) at 3pm.
Should be a great game. Sydney Uni is staring down the barrel of three losses on the trot and that hasn’t happened for a long, long time.
In fact, if Uni loses tomorrow and other results go against them, they could fall out of the Top 6 which would effectively mean the end of their season. The game is sold out, the Students are fired up but the Shoremen are out to spoil the party. Join us for intense Shute Shield action!!

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
If we are going to have a Free to Air partner, it needs to be on the same place, same time , same format every week.

Never going to work if it moves around

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
If we are going to have a Free to Air partner, it needs to be on the same place, same time , same format every week.

Never going to work if it moves around

It wasn't on 7TWO last week either, it was on 7Mate I think. Channel 138 instead of 137 on Foxtel.

From memory the races were on 7TWO

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not quite sure what this comment means but to the best of my knowledge Matt had, and still has, a great reputation at Manly.

As far as I know he has a great reputation wherever he's been. A great club man and very popular.

I don't think the original poster knows what he's on about and has made an assumption that just because someone moved clubs that there must be some sort of bad blood or resentment.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Well played Uni. Not a particularly smart game but the result they needed. Back to the drawing board for Norths.

The Grey Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Table
Gordon 50
Norths 44
Eastwood 42
Easts 41
Randwick 40
Uni 38

Souths 32
Warringah 27

Manly 26
Wests 20
Hunter 10
WSTB 7
Penrith 3

Last round
Manly vs Bye
Easts vs Randwick
Eastwood vs Gordon
WS2B vs Uni
Penrith vs Hunter
Rats vs Norths
Wests vs Souths

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Table
Gordon 50
Norths 44
Eastwood 42
Easts 41
Randwick 40
Uni 38

Souths 32
Warringah 27

Manly 26
Wests 20
Hunter 10
WSTB 7
Penrith 3

Last round
Manly vs Bye
Easts vs Randwick
Eastwood vs Gordon
WS2B vs Uni
Penrith vs Hunter
Rats vs Norths
Wests vs Souths

Top 6 now set.

Gordon minor premiers regardless of results.

Uni should comfortably account for WSTB.

Norths should beat the Rats and finish 2nd (the refereeing was so appalling in the Uni v Norths game I had to change channels after the intercept)

The Easts v Randwick derby has special meaning this week as the winner could finish as high as 3rd and the loser could end up 6th.

EDIT: And the Marlins get to hit the beach early with the bye :)

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Depending on how the 6 end up. But the Eastwood Gordon match could be a pre run of the final.

Gordon quite rightfully favorites. But Eastwood seem to have found some good form with the returning Tahs helping their cause, so I dont mind their chances.

Any of the 6 are good enough to make the final.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It all sounds a bit shambolic. Anyway, thanks for the info!!!

I hope everything is a bit more settled when the finals start.