• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

COX'S ROUTE

Frank Nicholson (4)
Randwick getting flogged, will leave East's in 2nd.

North's well beaten by Warringah.

Unless they happen to be playing each other. Think North's and Wicks will finish their seasons next week

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Could have been more enjoyable, of course!

The woodies really blew their opportunites when down in the a-zone around the last 10mins. Really thought they'd get there. Actually thought it wasn't Tanes best game. I like Gonzalez's tenacity.

Mark Nawaqanitawase continues to have a nervious look about him. I'll be curious if he evolves into something special (he has enough highlight reel moments) or if those rough edges will be his undoing.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Easts put 80 on Randwick? What happened?

The injection of some Tah's has helped Easts a lot, but Randwick well off the boil and not showing a lot of resilience. The really hot/cold nature of the Randwick performances says to me something is not quite right with them. I wonder what the go is with Turinui coaching them. Seems to do a lot of popping back down to Melbourne.

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Been following Gordon for 10 years and I’ve been waiting for them to beat Eastwood for the duration. Must be 20 straight losses, many of them substantial. I always make a point of trying to get to the Eastwood game for this reason. Went down to TG a bit nervous because I figured if we can’t do it this year when will we. You could imagine my nerves when Eastwood fought back (and temporarily overtook us) for a tight finish, was very relieved, finally. Also Gordon hasn’t made the finals since the year before I started supporting them so it’s nice to know what this feels like.

COX'S ROUTE

Frank Nicholson (4)
Screenshot_2020-10-10-19-51-17-53.jpg

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Gordon to play in the finals and will play a team with the word EAST in their name

It's looking that way, but if any of those teams play their best game on the day they could beat the other, but Easts are sure peaking at the right time.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Been following Gordon for 10 years and I’ve been waiting for them to beat Eastwood for the duration.

Eastwood made their first grade debut in 1949, we lived within earshot of the old Eastwood Oval. A couple of years later I was allowed to toddle down to watch them play - and they usually lost. Particularly to Gordon!!

Also Gordon hasn’t made the finals since the year before I started supporting them so it’s nice to know what this feels like.

I have never quite understood how Gordon managed to be so dire for so many years. Let us all hope that this is a real turning point.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
TV Game is Easts v Eastwood at 4pm on Sunday after Bledisloe.

The other 2 games are on Saturday - not on TV - not sure about Cluch

Norths v Uni 1.55pm
Gordon v Randwick at 4pm

All games at Rat Park

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Colts 1 triple header at Woollahra at 1.40, 3.35 and 5.30pm on Saturday

There are also 2 lower grade Colts matches at Woollahra on Fri night from 6.30pm.