• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2021

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not much interest in SS this year in this place. Where is everyone? Can someone do a Welfare check on Quickhands

Should be a great comp - With STAN on board with a proper coverage and multiple cameras at every game live. Exciting times for SS.

Anyone interested in tipping? mine underlined

ROUND 1

Manly V Gordon
Uni V Newcastle Hunter
Easts V Southern
W Harbour V Randwick
Penrith V Norths
Eastwood V WS 2 blues

Waringah the bye

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Manly V Gordon
Uni V Newcastle Hunter
Easts V Southern
W Harbour V Randwick
Penrith V Norths
Eastwood V WS 2 blues

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Not much interest in SS this year in this place. Where is everyone? Can someone do a Welfare check on Quickhands

Should be a great comp - With STAN on board with a proper coverage and multiple cameras at every game live. Exciting times for SS.

I understood it was multi-camera at one game and single camera at the rest.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
we want them all back.

Dave might know that Manly are going to struggle again this year
We are in a rebuilding phase and the semis would be a good outcome.
Got some new talent with size a priority, and younger players blooded last year will bring their experience to the pitch.
Some new forwards and backs, chosen to be able to break the D.
Expecting huge crowds so Season ticket holders and on-line tickets only through the gate.
(OK that's a Covid restriction but it sounded good)

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Well done STAN but it's a pity (for fans and Rugby) that the SS is not on free-to-air.
First time in living memory.

The Wicks only have a handful of players left from last year (7's, o/s, etc).
Hope the new recruits and promotions from Colts can fill the gaps.
Up the Wicks!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Well done STAN but it's a pity (for fans and Rugby) that the SS is not on free-to-air.
First time in living memory.

On the other hand, it will be available throughout the whole nation. This should mean that the viewing audience is greater. Bear in mind that there are actually fans of the SS who live in other states, and who did not have proper access to the FTA coverage after the ABC gave it all away.

Maybe, just maybe, this could be the start of some sort of club level national competition. Don't ask me how to get from here to there, other than to note once again that the NRL was basically built on a group of Sydney teams, and the AFL was built on a group of VFL teams.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
On the other hand, it will be available throughout the whole nation. This should mean that the viewing audience is greater. Bear in mind that there are actually fans of the SS who live in other states, and who did not have proper access to the FTA coverage after the ABC gave it all away.

Maybe, just maybe, this could be the start of some sort of club level national competition. Don't ask me how to get from here to there, other than to note once again that the NRL was basically built on a group of Sydney teams, and the AFL was built on a group of VFL teams.

Agree with your comments, but I'd point out that a key strength of both the NRL and AFL is their ongoing presence on free-to-air, both in Oz and overseas. Granted not all games, but 3-4 every week.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Agree with your comments, but I'd point out that a key strength of both the NRL and AFL is their ongoing presence on free-to-air, both in Oz and overseas. Granted not all games, but 3-4 every week.

Undoubtedly. But in their early stages they only had one game a week on FTA. As their national competitions developed, so did the tv coverage. There is no way that we could bridge that gap just by having a game on FTA in NSW only. Have to start somewhere.