• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
West Harbour v Eastwood today
The young referee was officiating in his second first grade Shute Shield match.
Hopefully he will be rested after his sub par performance today

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Just watched Uni v Two Blues

Thank god the Two Blues got the W because the ref was absolutely on one. Forward passes from Uni and the 3 yellow cards in 5 against the Two Blues almost ruined it.

Good set of games today. Rats seriously came back on Gordon but Gordon got away with the W.

Done caring about team lists. The amount of guys out there not listed was high.

Was surprised to see Bo Abra out the for Hunter.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
West Harbour v Eastwood today
The young referee was officiating in his second first grade Shute Shield match.
Hopefully he will be rested after his sub par performance today
I thought he was okay? It was a tough game to adjudicate, lots of ball movement.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Finished watching the two blues game. That is some of the most shocking refereeing i have ever seen in my 50 year life!

4 yellow cards given! At best it should have been 1 and that was for the penalty try at scrum time. He ave 3 yellows within about 2 minutes.

Gave no penalties against uni for lying all over the ball. Gave no yellow for the uni shoulder charge.

absolutely crazy.

1st yellow for high tackle. Not high

2nd for scrum infringement. I totally see how 2 blues were getting done in their scrums but that was the first scrum lost with a new prop. Referee is supposed to restart scrum perception at each stage a new front rower comes onto field.

3rd yellow for apparently the maul collapsed - terrible

4th for scrum penalty try when two blues had 5 forwards in scrum - agree

i can now genuinely see why two blues fans constantly moan about the refereeing bias against them!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
4th for scrum penalty try when two blues had 5 forwards in scrum - agree

i can now genuinely see why two blues fans constantly moan about the refereeing bias against them!
I really dislike the way teams who have lost a player and are forced to pack an understrength scrum then gets penalised. This Law should be changed. Bias or incompetence? BTW if the Two Blues can win under these conditions they can go the whole way.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
2nd for scrum infringement. I totally see how 2 blues were getting done in their scrums but that was the first scrum lost with a new prop. Referee is supposed to restart scrum perception at each stage a new front rower comes onto field.
That is not correct. There is no restart for repeated infringements due to replacements.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
That is not correct. There is no restart for repeated infringements due to replacements.
The referee after the gordon-eastwood gf a few yrs ago was asked about the craziness of the scrums from that game and why no yellows, he word for word said when a new prop comes on, they start the recount again at zero. Hence gordon changing a prop after each 3 scrums to beat the system.

unless thats now changed.

two blues will now be full of confidence they can beat anyone, its a mental game for them i feel rather than ability. Can they back up that mental strength away at manly next week? Doubtful

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
A542D3ED-281A-4FA7-B275-6C956BD288EB.jpeg

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
two blues will now be full of confidence they can beat anyone, its a mental game for them i feel rather than ability. Can they back up that mental strength away at manly next week? Doubtful
They deserve to be full of confidence. Winning on Saturday will tell them that they can beat any team, anywhere.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
What game?

Easts are probably out of the finals but Easts v Randwick is a good day to watch the Eastern Suburbs rivalry. Norths v Warringah on as well and always a nice day at Nth Sydney Oval if its Sunny