• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Coaching news/rumors:

Eastwood - Telfer Confirmed (from eastwood colts)
Gordon - Hearing Salosi tagicakibau from west sydney looking likely to be chosen (ex gordon colts coach)
Easts - Hearing 2 options - blakewell from uni or nick schreivner from vikings in canberra
Rats - Hearing josh holmes from colts but also looking at salosi as a backup/package

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I like the idea of Holmes at the Rats. Colts are flying so may help keep them together and the bloke is so respected at that Club it's a good culture builder also.

Shame for the Two Blues that it is more than likely they lose their coach regardless.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
I like the idea of Holmes at the Rats. Colts are flying so may help keep them together and the bloke is so respected at that Club it's a good culture builder also.

Shame for the Two Blues that it is more than likely they lose their coach regardless.
I think hes a great colts coach, interesting to see how he would go coaching senior players and progressing them.

Two Blues look like every one of the coaches and players are gone at end of season, and following the coach wherever he goes.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Coaching news/rumors:

Gordon - Hearing Salosi tagicakibau from west sydney looking likely to be chosen (ex gordon colts coach)
Easts - Hearing 2 options - blakewell from uni or nick schreivner from vikings in canberra
Rats - Hearing josh holmes from colts but also looking at salosi as a backup/package
Telfer is a definite for the Woodies.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Coaching news/rumors:

Norths announced yesterday that Zak Beer has extended for another year

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Coaching news/rumors:

Sailosi has also applied at Easts and Warringah also. Word is DC wants his mate at Easts.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)

It's what happens when the $$$ runs out! Hasn't both he and the players taken a pay cut to stay this year?

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
It's what happens when the $$$ runs out! Hasn't both he and the players taken a pay cut to stay this year?
The ex gm said he had lots of money secured for sponsorship, the club spent the money before it came in, the money then never came in and the gm ran quickly. a new gm went in, who then cut all the staff and players pay quite drastically. also heard he that he hasnt bought in any new sponsors and has lost some of next years money with the way he deals with things.

make sense for everyone to leave them

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
The ex gm said he had lots of money secured for sponsorship, the club spent the money before it came in, the money then never came in and the gm ran quickly. a new gm went in, who then cut all the staff and players pay quite drastically. also heard he that he hasnt bought in any new sponsors and has lost some of next years money with the way he deals with things.

make sense for everyone to leave them
Jesus H Christ!

Sounds like the ex GM should have some questions to answer then. But silly they spent money they didn't have. Insanity really. I guess the new GM had to make some tough calls like that. It's not the mess he created, but he's had to deal with it. Takes time to get new sponsors in, doesn't happen overnight as we all know. And why would any business kick in if they know they've acted financially irresponsibly? Gonna be a tough gig.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Jesus H Christ!

Sounds like the ex GM should have some questions to answer then. But silly they spent money they didn't have. Insanity really. I guess the new GM had to make some tough calls like that. It's not the mess he created, but he's had to deal with it. Takes time to get new sponsors in, doesn't happen overnight as we all know. And why would any business kick in if they know they've acted financially irresponsibly? Gonna be a tough gig.
Agree, I think as a club, they're stuffed, which is a shame, as they have finally got some exceptional coaches and a playing roster to actually compete with the best. All for nothing.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Losing their coach is going to be the least of their worries. They're not fielding their full complement, and while 1s and 2s have won a few and even some "famous victories", they're getting pumped.

1st XV 7-0-8
2nd XV 6-0-9
3rd XV 1-0-13
Colts1 0-0-15
Colts2 0-0-14

Throw in the fact that bigger clubs are looking to field Colts 4 (and already are in Subbies for some) and they're likely to be given a "please explain" before continuing in the competition.

I wouldn't even blame SRU for putting pressure on them. With the systems in place, there's no way Western Sydney can build on its impressive junior club and rep numbers to get competitive. The "pathway" we have ensures that will never happen.

Notable also that Parramatta Eels have moved their NRLW team into Tweedale, including a locker fit out, after the Kellyville Park precinct is going to have major construction starting later this year.

Cumberland Council looking at making better use of their investment, particularly as Eels are just up the road at Commbank.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Rory O’Connor listed for Gordon… Great pickup after their Prop looked hurt in the West Harbour game.

Few of the U20s filtering back like Leahy for Uni.

MLR players as well. Goodall with the Woodies

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Woodies playing better than expected, Norths under par. 22-17 to the good guys, and the Shorepeople start the second half with a player on the naughty chair.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
That must hurt Wamby.

I honestly believed Norths would win. BTW Edmed made three egregious errors in the 10 minutes after lemons, when we were a man up. He missed an easy penalty goal. He threw a huge forward pass when we were hard on attack. And a fluffed a kick out of hand. We can do better, I am sure. Norths will lose Max Burey who will go back to the Force.