• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Great to see such a tight competition in the Shute Shield and well done to Gordon for doing everyone a favour and knocking out UNI.
Some big semi-finals games this week with Norths and Randwick deserving home ground advantage. The Wicks will be cautious after having Gordon knock them out last year at Coogee Oval again. Will that be playing on their mind or will the eight fresh reserves that Hoiles has at his disposal just be too good for the Highlanders. Norths to get over the Wildfires again and Eastwood should be too strong for the Marlins.

The Marlins with Reece Hodge on board will give us a nudge.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Let us pray.

Any update on the ground situation wamberal? Someone posted the March update on facebook the other day which talked about the 2024 arrangement subject to termination rights, but I've not heard boo since.

I mean, you'll be landing on my doorstep, so.... :cool:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
AE6A5ACC-3EC3-40E2-8DE8-2AC8F91DAC4C.jpeg

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Any update on the ground situation wamberal? Someone posted the March update on facebook the other day which talked about the 2024 arrangement subject to termination rights, but I've not heard boo since.

I mean, you'll be landing on my doorstep, so.... :cool:
Sorry for the delayed response. AFAIK there is no change - at this stage anyway.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow - so the coach of the year award is basically just a ‘taking part’ award now. Club won 6 games from 18 and finished 9…. Coach of the year though id be embarrassed

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Well done Michael Icely on a great year. Shame he may not be able to play this week with concussion protocols.
Hearing Ned Hanigan to make his first appearance for the Wicks this weekend. Will give them a boost.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Well done Michael Icely on a great year. Shame he may not be able to play this week with concussion protocols.
Hearing Ned Hanigan to make his first appearance for the Wicks this weekend. Will give them a boost.

Icely is irreplaceable at this stage of the season

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Hmm maybe. Most of the Tahs would be capable of winning the KCM if they played a full year I reckon.

He’s a good player in a competitive position around Super Rugby.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Predictions this week?

For me
Norths 30 Hunter 17
Gordon 35 Randwick 28
Eastwood 25 Manly 18

Get a feeling about Gordon about now. The pros have had a few weeks to settle in.

Norths to handle Hunter. Too strong throughout.

Eastwood still has a stacked team against Manly without Hodge.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Not many of the KCM winners are.
Because the only Waratahs squad players who play a full season of Shute Shield are likely to be the young, fringe squad players. You're not going to win the Medal if you're playing in Super most weeks. So almost by definition, you need to be overlooked by the Tahs to win the Medal.