• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2024

Herman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Welcome to the Shute Shield forum for 2024. This is your one stop shop for all things related to the competition.

How are all of the clubs looking for 2024?

Who are the new coaches?

What are the big signings/transfers?

Who is your tip to win the competition?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Eastern Suburbs with a new coach (Batger) could be improvers but most of their best listed talent won’t be seen for most of the season.

Think the Rats will still struggle unless they can recruit quickly. Good Colts but won’t be able to turn 1st grade around yet.

Eastwood to be consistent and up there.

Uni will turn it around. They seem to every other year.

Norths & Randwick will be interesting to see how many they retain. Norths aren’t getting younger and won’t have Burey, O’Donnell.

Eastern Suburbs with a new coach (Batger) could be improvers but most of their best listed talent won’t be seen for most of the season.

Think the Rats will still struggle unless they can recruit quickly. Good Colts but won’t be able to turn 1st grade around yet.

Eastwood to be consistent and up there.

Uni will turn it around. They seem to every other year.

Norths & Randwick will be interesting to see how many they retain. Norths aren’t getting younger and won’t have Burey, O’Donnell.
Not sure any of this is accurate

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah it’s a troll comment but I like it

IMG_8781.jpeg

Herman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Only thing I am guilty of is assuming that other people keep their ears open/are in the know like I am.
Probably not a hard thing to put together anyway.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, if he signs that's great. Not sure the Waratahs can afford him easily given his price in NRL.
Since you seem to know everything, where are they gonna play him?

Herman

Allen Oxlade (6)
He’ll play his home games with the team at Allianz Stadium and away games at different locations depending on the Tahs’ opponents.

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
I did hear on the radio that he was signing with NSW and that his next loss with the Roosters may be his last NRL game. I’d say he’d make sure he’s allocated to Easts (as per above with the Maddocks photo).

Green grass

Chris McKivat (8)
I see how you're being a tool about this.
If you "know" something, then say it, instead of acting like a smartarse and talking about him joining Randwick.
Haha agreed! Though I think he may have been referencing your initial post with the sarcasm comment