• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield Grand Final on FTA. Not only in NSW/ACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The Shute Shield grand final between Norths and Warringah is currently showing in Queensland on FTA channels 60 and 61.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Good first half.

Gotta feel for the Norths half dropped three balls from the ruck ... ooch...

Rats kickers left their boots at home...

Mega crowd..

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Game really opening up.
Norths scored under the posts to make it 20 all with 27 mins to go.
Rats respond a minute later down the sideline to take the lead 27-20.
Geez, I hate the Rats.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Great set play backline try by Norths in the corner after several minutes of both sides turning the ball over. Try not converted.
Rats 27 Norths 25. Only 7 mins to go..

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Norths concede one of the dumbest penalties you've ever seen, right in front of their posts.
Rats 30 - Norths 25 with 2 mins to go.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
All over. Rats win it 30 to 25.
Good win. Showed a lot of heart.
Norths' formula is to play hard tough disciplined uncompromising football. They were just a bit too loose today.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Great game and love the way the kids on the park at half time and full time.

Fuck Super Rugby have always been a Woodie fan.. this is where the passion is ... heard over 22k at the game ...

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Talk about fairytales!!!

Did anybody give the Rats a chance before the finals started?

Just a wonderful celebration of what is best about the game.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Great game and love the way the kids on the park at half time and full time.

Fuck Super Rugby have always been a Woodie fan.. this is where the passion is . heard over 22k at the game .

More than the Waratahs can draw.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm a neutral in this, but:

Some really poor decision making by Norths - particularly 9 and 15 - shot them in the foot.

Harry Jones was a standout, as any professional should be. And here is what I couldn't figure out about Norths' plan: Cam Clark was barely used at 13. He's fitter than everyone out there, probably as fast as anyone out there, and stronger than most of the backs. Give him the bloody ball!

The Rats held their nerve and executed well. Norths didn't. End of.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm a neutral in this, but:

Some really poor decision making by Norths - particularly 9 and 15 - shot them in the foot.

Harry Jones was a standout, as any professional should be. And here is what I couldn't figure out about Norths' plan: Cam Clark was barely used at 13. He's fitter than everyone out there, probably as fast as anyone out there, and stronger than most of the backs. Give him the bloody ball!

The Rats held their nerve and executed well. Norths didn't. End of.

Agree Norths half had shocker, should have been replaced earlier.

Ref IMO had an amazing game he let it flow. He played advantage cleverly ...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
On a related topic:

o_O

Is it?

Don't get me wrong: that was some high-quality football, with a talented set of players on the park via two astute coaching teams.

But to say this is the improving health of Shute Shield, when Penrith aren't fielding whole grades, and what they CAN put out is still getting hammered by a gillion to zip, doesn't indicate Shute Shield is in rude health.

For some clubs I suppose its in fairly good shape, but we need to be careful we're not being protectionist while that success occurs in certain areas.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Agree Norths half had shocker, should have been replaced earlier.

Ref IMO had an amazing game he let it flow. He played advantage cleverly .

Gardner missed 1 high tackle and maybe 2 knocks on by my count.

However he had an opportunity to call the Rats scrum to use it, and they didn't, instead going for the penalty when the ball was at the 8's feet and playable, with the scrum stationary.

half

Alan Cameron (40)

However he had an opportunity to call the Rats scrum to use it, and they didn't, instead going for the penalty when the ball was at the 8's feet and playable, with the scrum stationary.

No one is perfect I still believe he had a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.