• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield on ABC TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
In addition, commercial stations aren't going to be killing each other to get it, because:

1) Fitting ads in regularly. NRL on a Friday night is "live" to a point, and the hierarchy have scheduled stoppages to slip an ad in. The game from Brisbane into Sydney is delayed so they can put ads in whenever they like. Mostly about gambling.

2) While Saturday afternoon is otherwise dull for TV, consider the plight of the rugby clubs playing at the same time - we all scream for grassroots support, but wouldn't it be better to get out to your local ground and put some money in the till?

Everyone from Premier Rugby down to Subbies 6th Division could use the immediate cash flow benefits rather than watching Sydney Uni and Eastwood on TV 6 times a year each. The TV stations will ask how much better the ratings could be if they weren't clashing with a bunch of other rugby games, and maybe request the game of the day moves.

But if you're a Super Rugby watcher, First Grade runs nicely into the Saturday game from NZ and then maybe a double-header in Oz. So again, issues.

All good points - and i got to most games home & away, & get to watch a game I missed on Sunday because I record.

Not everyone travels, and it is jnot just the broader Sydney area that loves watching the games.

Adds difficult, I agree - I hope a station picks it up, and makes it a huge success because of punters like us.

I believe it will assist in supporting grass roots rugby.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
While Saturday afternoon is otherwise dull for TV, consider the plight of the rugby clubs playing at the same time - we all scream for grassroots support, but wouldn't it be better to get out to your local ground and put some money in the till?

Everyone from Premier Rugby down to Subbies 6th Division could use the immediate cash flow benefits rather than watching Sydney Uni and Eastwood on TV 6 times a year each. The TV stations will ask how much better the ratings could be if they weren't clashing with a bunch of other rugby games, and maybe request the game of the day moves..

There is a new-fangled thing called a PVR.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
There is a new-fangled thing called a PVR.

Yeah no shit. I've owned five of the fucking things at various points, but I don't sit there and watch the ads, do I?

Hence the point behind "live" TV being an expensive beast that should attract advertisers to a captive audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.