• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Has to be Frances year, on the back of the Lions tour and what not. Given how the respective sides play against Australia, I don't know how the French don't absolutely Rodger the Welsh. No offense intended!

Too late, Roger/Woger has probably already fucked the WRU.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Some absolutely superb number 8s in this year's Six Nations.

Picamoles, Vunipola, Parisse, Faletau, and we haven't seen Heaslip and Denton/Beattie play yet.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Has to be Frances year, on the back of the Lions tour and what not. Given how the respective sides play against Australia, I don't know how the French don't absolutely Rodger the Welsh. No offense intended!

The Welsh lose against Australia so often due to the top few inches.(and lack of a world class 10) Which is the same reason France under-perform so often.
Conversely if the French had an Australian mentality they'd be the best in the world alongside NZ.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Some absolutely superb number 8s in this year's Six Nations.

Picamoles, Vunipola, Parisse, Faletau, and we haven't seen Heaslip and Denton/Beattie play yet.

Thought Ben Morgan was impressive offensively when he came on for England. Maybe neither English 8's are 80minute players at the moment but both are a handful for any defense.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Couldn't stay up for the game after completely resetting my sleep pattern the night before but the stats on the beeb look compelling.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Welsh lose against Australia so often due to the top few inches.(and lack of a world class 10) Which is the same reason France under-perform so often.
Conversely if the French had an Australian mentality they'd be the best in the world alongside NZ.

Not sure this is right. Think france s problems go deeper. They play crap against everyone except AUS. IMO the top 14 is killing the national side.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Good win for Ireland, John Plumtree's influence is taking hold very early. The forwards rucked and mauled superbly. The Scots looked like they could play all day and still not score a try, very unimaginative with ball in hand

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Good win for Ireland, John Plumtree's influence is taking hold very early. The forwards rucked and mauled superbly. The Scots looked like they could play all day and still not score a try, very unimaginative with ball in hand
Right. Well business as usual for Scotland then. Its a sad that they have still not found a means of ever looking like scoring anything but penalties.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
not looking forward to another sleepless Saturday night. Expecting Ireland to attempt to what they did last year in first 40mins and blow wales and kiwis off the park. Good thing that its not the first game. Taking optimism from the fact that Ireland last year started same and got steadily worse, wereas we started rubbish and got steadily better. The gnome is not yet strong for this one.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Was just reading a piece by PSA in which he claims that France were able to achieve so much(?) due to the 2 weeks they spent in camp together prior to game. Begs the question how bad would they have been if they hadn't?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
not looking forward to another sleepless Saturday night. Expecting Ireland to attempt to what they did last year in first 40mins and blow wales and kiwis off the park. Good thing that its not the first game. Taking optimism from the fact that Ireland last year started same and got steadily worse, wereas we started rubbish and got steadily better. The gnome is not yet strong for this one.

Saturdays game all depends on how Ireland defend. For some reason since 2011 Les Kiss has thought its a good idea to play a drift defence against Wales, except the first 50 minutes in Cardiff last year when we smashed you. If we defend aggressively I think our set piece, maul and better half backs will see us home.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Saturdays game all depends on how Ireland defend. For some reason since 2011 Les Kiss has thought its a good idea to play a drift defence against Wales, except the first 50 minutes in Cardiff last year when we smashed you. If we defend aggressively I think our set piece, maul and better half backs will see us home.
Was 2010 the year that o gara went on his lunatic one man rush defence? Or was that earlier. It ll be interesting in midfield. If they do drift they'll have to be careful when doc jaw changes his angles. Mind he only managed it once last week. Is o Connell over his gastro?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
How does Scott Johnson continue to con anyone into employing him. Everything he touches turns to mediocrity. Takes a lot of special skill to turn Scottish line out into a shambles, or pick the strangest back row to face one of europes best, skill that the jonnocaust seems singularly able to supply.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Right. Well business as usual for Scotland then. Its a sad that they have still not found a means of ever looking like scoring anything but penalties.

Why are they such a screw up? Serious question because when you look at individual players, they have some talent on the roster.

I have a soft spot for the Scots but crikey they are frustrating.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Thought Ben Morgan was impressive offensively when he came on for England. Maybe neither English 8's are 80minute players at the moment but both are a handful for any defense.

Don't think any of the England 23 are 80 minute players which has been a problem for them at club level against the much fitter Irish teams. The French are heading the same way, massive power benefits but both sides run out of gas.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
How does Scott Johnson continue to con anyone into employing him. Everything he touches turns to mediocrity. Takes a lot of special skill to turn Scottish line out into a shambles, or pick the strangest back row to face one of europes best, skill that the jonnocaust seems singularly able to supply.

Maybe he should be called "Prickfinger".

Status
Not open for further replies.