• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
wrusquad19012016a.jpg

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
England squad:

CYmvfT1W8AAGmf9.jpg:large

Rokodguni has been added in for Ashton since due to a ban. A good thing really!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Hartley as captain is either a genius move or will be an utter disaster. Surely he's yesterdays man and with a disciplinary record that is so terrible that he wouldn't be considered again? I would laugh so hard if the latest in a long line of thuggery incidents cost England a test or series.

Going to be a wild ride with Eddie at the helm I think.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i assume Danny Cipriani is too unpredictable/flamboyant/spontaneous/off the cuff for steady Eddie's liking/structured gameplan.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Think Eddie just sees Hartley as his best hooker, and without knowing who his best players are elsewhere in the side, he's an obvious leader for the 6 Nations.

Would expect him to have a new captain for June.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So Finlay Betham has been called into the Irish squad, the young prop who plays for Connacht was actually born in Canberra and moved to Ireland when he was 18, was automatically qualified through his grandmother.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
So Finlay Betham has been called into the Irish squad, the young prop who plays for Connacht was actually born in Canberra and moved to Ireland when he was 18, was automatically qualified through his grandmother.
Would think it will be White in the 3 jersey and Furlong in the 18 for the Wale. Very excited about the prospect of Furlong, he is the real deal.

Likewise young Zander Fagerson, for the sweaties is a hell of a young tight head.

Fully expecting the same old, same old from St Joe and Ireland but hoping he will surprise me. By any measure CJ Stander should be Ireland's number 8, he has been outstanding trying to hold together an imploding Munster side, but Heaslip, like the Kearney's seems to have incriminating photographs of Schmidt!?!?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
If CJ does not getting the starting role he needs to come on with 30 minutes left. He will be a major impact at 8 for Ireland and it's time Schmidt starts to bring the new guys through. Time to plan for the next World Cup, start early and make sure the Semi finals are reached in Japan.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Have just noticed there was this 6N thread.

I wrote something in the Northern Hemisphere thread so I will quote myself here.

There is a preview of Six Nations here:

Give it a click.

We're intending to write some brief reports of the three games every week - just 400 words apiece because our core readers are more interested in SH rugby.

That's not a lot of words; so if anybody is interested in doing some writing send me a convo. We have a couple of Ireland fans so their games are well-covered.

Also - we will have a piece coming out after the weekend - 5 things about 6 Nations - Round 1.

If anybody thinks about a topic - it could be a referee decision or a new trend - or how the new coaches had their teams performing - a streaker - anything - just drop your thoughts in here and we may use them.

Thanks in advance.

OK hands up guys.

Thanks

LG

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Welsh team for their Ireland game this weekend

Wales team: Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues); George North (Northampton Saints), Jonathan Davies (ASM Clermont), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins), Tom James (Cardiff Blues); Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Gareth Davies (Scarlets); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues, Capt), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).
Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Bradley Davies (Wasps), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues), Rhys Priestland (Bath Rugby), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues).

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
15. Hogg
14. Maitland
13. Bennett
12. Scott
11. Seymour
10. Russell
9. Laidlaw (c)

1. Dickinson
2. Ford
3. Nel
4. Big Gray
5. Little Gray
6. Barclay
7. Hardie
8. Denton

16. McInally
17. Reid
18. Fagerson
19. Swinson
20. Cowan
21. Hidalgo-Clyne
22. Weir
23. Taylor

CaXox2BWIAAAjtF.jpg:large

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Brown and Care are the only two to worry me if that's the backline for the 6N. Looks like they will be playing ugly territory rugby against the Scots.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Comments:

1. That's one of the best starting line-ups we can put out. Dunbar vs Scott and the three way battle between Visser, Maitland and Seymour aside, there's not too many that you'd change.

2. Bench is where we will struggle IMO. No Fraser Brown or Welshy, no Strauss or Gilchrist, no Pyrgos, no Horne, no Dunbar/Visser. In the world cup we often finished better than we started, but it's key that we do well before the benches are emptied.

3. Congrats to Zander. 20 years old and coming off the bench at tighthead for his country. Technically he could be playing for the Jocks at Broadwood on Friday night! Also good to see Barclay back in the fold, Cotter obviously wants his two opensides but is worried about Cowan's relatively slight frame.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
At the risk of sounding arrogant in the past then this is the first time I have ever really felt nervous going into a Calcutta Cup game. This is definitely the best Scottish team for years (coupled with a good coach)... We'll have to see what Eddie can do with the English players.

Status
Not open for further replies.