• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SMH... This is not journalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Cave dwellers
Scott Higginbotham or Captain Caveman? Adam Ashley-Cooper was meant to be the fashionable one of the group but Wallabies flanker Scott Higginbotham has emerged as a shock contender for the Bondi hipster crown. With a red beard that Jack Sparrow would be proud of, The Inside Back couldn't help but notice the resemblance to one of the most eccentric of childhood cartoon characters. Captain Cavemaaaaaaan indeed.

Read more:
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/lachies-turnaround-approaches-fruition-20120619-20m6y.html#ixzz1yHho5tg2

Seriously? Sort your shit out, if it's not worth saying, don't say it.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I reckon Growden could be on to something here...

Cavenbotham.png

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
What's the problem?

Not everything in the newspaper needs to be hard-hitting investigative journalism.

This is Rakic's 'odds and ends' column he writes every couple of days, with tidbits of sports news mixed in with lighter stuff like this.
It's not going to win any Walkleys but is a good way to waste a minute on a Wednesday.

And he does have a point, the similarity is striking...

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
This is actually positive publicity for SH, says he is now the coolest.
so WTF is wrong with that?
They could have been a lot harsher, like mentioning that in interviews he not only looks like The Dude, he sounds like a first class stonner.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You should all look bondi hipsters up on youtube. Hilarious.

It was kind of amusing for a bit but I think it gets a bit samey. I think their desire to create a 'brand' that they can eventually sell to advertise something detracts from the comedy.

The two guys were previously the Fully Sick Rapper and Trent from Punchy.

T

TOCC

Meh who cares.. They have done for articles on why Genia is called Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.