• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sonny Bill praying to someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Looks like Anthony "The man" mundein has got into SBW head. Before the game last night he looked to the sky and prayed.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah I noticed that as they were about to kick off, it sought of looked like he was half attempting to catch a high ball.

sjg

Frank Nicholson (4)
read an article today in the paper that had mundien says that SBW was a practicing muslim. if digby can cross his chest who are we to say that SBW cant prey to his god?

that said if his preying works and the blacks win the cup - than no, no he cant prey.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Looks like Anthony "The man" mundein has got into SBW head. Before the game last night he looked to the sky and did some hand jester like the arab's do when praying.

I think he needs more then ala or who ever it is,to get him on the paddock fr WC

Friends with many kwis and brother in law to one, and hates SBW

Anyway something I noticed while watching the game and thought it was wierd but then I thouhgt he hangs with mundine

Well, he is a Muslim. Plenty of rugby players cross themselves. Unless Islam is the problem. Anyway it's not an apt subject for G&GR.

sjg

Frank Nicholson (4)
i also read that SBW is forfilling ramadan, which must be a hell of a commitment to a professional athlete. no food or water for an entire day for a month cant be all that great for you when your slogging your guts on the training poddock

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Looks like Anthony "The man" mundein has got into SBW head. Before the game last night he looked to the sky and did some hand jester like the arab's do when praying.

I think he needs more then ala or who ever it is,to get him on the paddock fr WC

Friends with many kwis and brother in law to one, and hates SBW

Anyway something I noticed while watching the game and thought it was wierd but then I thouhgt he hangs with mundine

A hand jester?

jester.jpg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Penguin has nailed it. People should tread carefully on this one - fair enough it is unusual to see on a rugby pitch, but essentially no different to any player who crosses themselves after scoring.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well, he is a Muslim. Plenty of rugby players cross themselves. Unless Islam is the problem. Anyway it's not an apt subject for G&GR.

I should have a done a google search on him then before I posted.
I didn't know that he converted to Islam. I don't really care about the bloke nore religion. Ive never noticed it before. So I go the answer in the good old green and gold way.

S

Skippy

No... not like all Arabs do, perhaps like Muslims do. Not all Arabs are Muslims and not all Muslims are Arabs.

And it's Allah not Ala.

And I think your post is pointless. And offensive.

Plenty of players do a sign of the cross when they run onto the field, particularly the Christian players from Samoa/Tonga/Fiji and even South Africans etc but I don't see anyone drawing attention to that action.

S

Skippy

Can someone delete this threat. I think it's an insult to the worldly and intelligent visitors and posters on this site and does not do anything for the good of G&GR. I don't think this site needs racial and/or religious bigotry and prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.