• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2019

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Massive wraps to Angus Allen who has been named on the bench for the Vikings NRC match this weekend.

Nott behhdd for a kid from Leeton!

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Whatever the outcome of the “capital cup” this year is the “capital cup” the future of representative rugby in Siru?

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Apart from the non trainer/non trialer selection I thought the whole thing worked well, Mauler. I was just interested to know if this is the path we would continue on. If it is the way we are going to go could selectors stick to the rules/guidelines everyone else is expected to follow.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Apart from the non trainer/non trialer selection I thought the whole thing worked well, Mauler. I was just interested to know if this is the path we would continue on.

im still confused how that is an issue for the ACT Provincial side? Considering this is who played the capital cup?

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I was commenting on the start to finish rep process. On another note Mauler is there any news on the future of CSU Reddies in 2020? Are the other Wagga clubs going to do anything to help CSU in the off season?

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
I was commenting on the start to finish rep process. On another note Mauler is there any news on the future of CSU Reddies in 2020? Are the other Wagga clubs going to do anything to help CSU in the off season?

Chatted to a few Reddies fellas at the grandfinal. They're putting steps in place currently. It sounded promising.
On the other clubs, i doubt it, purely because its not their issue to solve. it would be similar to ask what Griffith are doing to help Leeton next season.

We're all so alarmist these days. In 2004/2005 Ag College won 3 1st grade games total, took 18 players to griffith to play 3 grades, The reddies were a dominant force over this period. Its all swings and roundabouts. remember how City were talked up as dead and buried last season. They'll turn it around. I personally feel that the correct bloke is coaching there currently and they have upside.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Agree Mauler CSU did improve this year but they were still a long way off the pace. Coach Hood is a great person to have try and get Reddies more competitive but think they might not make 2020 without some sort of helping hand.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The coaching Merry Go Round has kicked off already for next year
Tumut & Wagga City have already called for nominations for all Grades - it will be interesting to see if both Morgan Grivas (Tumut) and James Curgenven (City) have finished up or both Clubs are just testing the market to see who might be out there
Will Mitchell has finished up at Ag College after last saturday's decider
That leaves Albury (Paul Mesarra), Griffith (Chris Morris), Leeton (Seru Roggo), CSU (Paul Hood) and Waratahs (Richard Skellern) as current leaders still standing at their respective Clubs

Any updates with the Coaching Positions for next season and does anyone know when the SIRU AGM will be held ??

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/southern-inland-rugby-2020.18767/

Let's start heading over to the 2020 thread now folks. AGM Chat, off-season craziness, Coaching merry-go-rounds, post all your wild thoughts over in the 2020 thread now :)

Any updates with the Coaching Positions for next season and does anyone know when the SIRU AGM will be held ??

I see the Steamer's have settled on a new Board (amazingly, they've kept their Coach-come-President at the helm) with stalwart Paul Musarra stepping into a mentoring role.

I haven't been keeping an eye on too much else at this stage of the season and RWC matches etc...