• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2024

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Get on board. We’ve locked in one of SURU’s best referees for a chat in the near future.

This is a fabulous initiative by the Steamers!! I've enjoyed listening to the poddy and hearing some of the yarns that are around the club!!

Is it the Steaming Streamers or the Streaming Steamers? :D;)

Bubba 2.0

Stan Wickham (3)
The pre season merry go round looks like its finally come to an end ! Deni out of 1's , Tahs out of 3's , Deni into 3's , Steamers out of 3's ...
Poor old jack must have been sick of doing drawers up ! Lets see what next week brings .

So here we are . Week out from the real stuff. Any thoughts and predictions ? My top 4 ( no surprises !) : City , Tahs, Aggies & Tumut . Big improvers : Reddies

I'm also tipping a lot of cheese being shown the first few weeks with the new tackle laws.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
The pre season merry go round looks like its finally come to an end ! Deni out of 1's , Tahs out of 3's , Deni into 3's , Steamers out of 3's ...
Poor old jack must have been sick of doing drawers up ! Lets see what next week brings .

So here we are . Week out from the real stuff. Any thoughts and predictions ? My top 4 ( no surprises !) : City , Tahs, Aggies & Tumut . Big improvers : Reddies

I'm also tipping a lot of cheese being shown the first few weeks with the new tackle laws.
The stuff around with the draw has probably sent Jack into meltdown, it can't be fun.

I reckon you're probably on the money there Bubba, anything can happen in the season though!

I was up at Conolly last night, geez the surfaces up there are looking mint.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Headed up to watch the Tahs v Steamers game yesterday. I wasn't there last week, but the Tahs outfit looked pretty polished, reasonably fit and able to move the ball around. Their scrum had the upper hand also but lineouts were a bit up and down (boom tish).

Albury played well in patches but were struggling to be consistent. They seemed way too eager to just throw the ball around without having much (any) structure. Also - what is it with key playmakers from Albury not being able to pass left to right? Is Aaron Lawrence on the coaching team?

This was the first game of senior footy I've seen under the new tackle laws and I was surprised it wasn't more of a feature in the game.

The Tahs v Leeton matchup in the second half of the comp will be a good one.

Bubba 2.0

Stan Wickham (3)
Ive heard from a couple of sources that the Reddies v Leeton game was at times 'messy' . And that perhaps very little quarter was given or taken so to speak.

City had a very solid win in Griffith .

Bubba 2.0

Stan Wickham (3)
Is this forum on life support ?

We had some great results ( for some, others would disagree) on the weekend . Reddies with a resounding win - that would be their highest score in at least 8 years ? They'd certainly have their tails up heading into a big clash with Tahs this week.

Aggies win in Leeton was impressive given the Uni holidays . And it sounds like Albury and Tumut fought out a pretty tough game . Not that we'd know because media coverage of local Rugby is verging on abysmal .

And yes i was a happy chap on saturday afternoon !

The Watcher

Frank Row (1)
Congratulations to Buzz on his 200 games.

For all the fans out there that read the DA and only got the pleasure of how the Northern Riverina AFL or the Bridge Club are going, here are the ladders of SIRU. I’m sure that SIRU has more readers and supporters than both NRFL and Bridge Club combined.
IMG_5118.jpeg
IMG_5119.jpeg
IMG_5120.jpeg
IMG_5121.jpeg