• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2024

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I saw Tahs v Aggies on the weekend.

A solid day put on by the WAC crew in memory of Andy Stanham - well done to all involved.

Tahs seemed to play a more tempered game and took their chances when they came. Defence was their strong point.

Aggies had Tahs measure at scrum time which surprised me, they also had the upper hand at lineout time too.

For Tahs, Hosegood played well in the forwards and Hallam was his usual tough self. Condon and Tyson are working well together in the middle.

For Aggies, their #6 and #13 were standouts and wraps to the entire front row.

I think would have liked to see the #13 around the ball more.

Bubba 2.0

Frank Nicholson (4)
I am told Tahs owned that game till about the 60th minute when aggies nearly dragged them back in a huge come back. They dont know how to give up that lot.

City v Reddies scoreline is a bit deceiving . Reddies are not the side of the last few years back and only really were out of the game in the last 30 minutes . The 10 is pretty handy and the centres are a real handful. Forwards are toilers but not game breakers so to speak.

City really worked hard first 20 or so , then started to get on top before running away with it in second half. And i must say , i thought the Ref (fijian bloke - and near run down jon jon a few times !!) was first class. Hes the real deal.

Up the Jumper

Herbert Moran (7)
Maybe someone from Griffith and Albury could put forward the reasons for such big losses.
Griffith were in the GF in 2022 and have suffered two 100+ thrashings so far this year - did the players go to League
Are both Clubs backing up the same players from 2nd Grade into 1st Grade or are they playing as 2 separate Grades?
Something needs to be done as they may as well play the Finals now

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Maybe someone from Griffith and Albury could put forward the reasons for such big losses.
Griffith were in the GF in 2022 and have suffered two 100+ thrashings so far this year - did the players go to League
Are both Clubs backing up the same players from 2nd Grade into 1st Grade or are they playing as 2 separate Grades?
Something needs to be done as they may as well play the Finals now
Griffith looked to have 2 sides on the weekend.
I hear Albury only had around 19 players total so clearly backed up

Up the Jumper

Herbert Moran (7)
No Albury 2nd Grade this weekend (Forfeit to City) and Deniliquin withdraw from 3rd Grade !!!
City v Albury & Griffith v Ag College (1st Grade matches) could be cricket scores again - let's hope the rain makes the grounds a bit heavy and not so easy to score on - Fingers Crossed

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Numbers OK for Griffith. Can still field 3 men’s teams and be competitive in 2s and 3s. No quality in 1s. Can’t see any change for the rest of the season.