• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springbokke vs All Blacks : Soccer Stadium , Soweto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It's only weak refereeing if the assumptions made above are correct - which I highly doubt they are.

I 100% believe he was going to blow as he though it wasn't going to come out - I don't believe he saw the alleged infringment then didn't blow because he didnt wan to be a game decider - that would be very weak refereeing & something surely not tolerated at the very highest level.

I don't think I've seen Garces ref. But if referee's striaght down the line and to the letter of the law - he sounds like one of those god awful NH ref's from the early noughties who blew everything & ruined the game (from my p.o.v - I recognise some people love this shit).

How? You won't know.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Because I always give the benefit of the doubt in favour of the referee - not the opposite, which is what a lot of fans tend to do. It makes watching a game so much more enjoyable.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Because I always give the benefit of the doubt in favour of the referee - not the opposite, which is what a lot of fans tend to do. It makes watching a game so much more enjoyable.

That's a bit of a pompous reply.

Did you give the ref the benefit when the frogs passed it forward and hoofed your boys out the World Cup?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Cruel Blue cruel.

And there nothing wrong with pompous replies thank you - at least I haven't been banned yet.

M

Muttonbird

Did you give the ref the benefit when the frogs passed it forward and hoofed your boys out the World Cup?

He's allowed to make mistakes as long as he can live with them for the rest of his natural life.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
That's a bit of a pompous reply.

Not sure what I did to warrant that sort of response. It's the way I watch it & it's enjoyable.

It was an error by the ref. Completely different to a referee choosing not to blow something because they don't have the balls.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Not sure what I did to warrant that sort of response. It's the way I watch it & it's enjoyable.

It was an error by the ref. Completely different to a referee choosing not to blow something because they don't have the balls.

Again. You can only assume. It remains subjective. Your initial comment struck me a bit as " well I am putting myself above all of you and give the ref the benefit."

Guess what, so do many other people.

I may have read you wrong though. Feel free to call me something rude if I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.