• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springbokke vs Fiji Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
We sure need to thank SuidWes. They show the way to beat Fiji but it wont be easy. We need to dominate the 1st phase and have to be big on defense. Fiji dont need many space to create havoc.

Jean de Villiers and Matfield wont play. Will be interesting to see the way our wisemen will pick the team.

Do you reward the impact bench against Wales with a start or do you keep the old age home starting.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
We sure need to thank SuidWes. They show the way to beat Fiji but it wont be easy. We need to dominate the 1st phase and have to be big on defense. Fiji dont need many space to create havoc.

Jean de Villiers and Matfield wont play. Will be interesting to see the way our wisemen will pick the team.

Do you reward the impact bench against Wales with a start or do you keep the old age home starting.

I'd say reward the bench & watch SA get over in a tight one. I'm very interested to see how SA will deal with the losses of JdV & Matfield. Fiji can be dangerous, we all know that but I just wonder whether they can push SA like they did last time. Highly looking forward to this match it could be a real cracker.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I'd say reward the bench & watch SA get over in a tight one. I'm very interested to see how SA will deal with the losses of JdV & Matfield. Fiji can be dangerous, we all know that but I just wonder whether they can push SA like they did last time. Highly looking forward to this match it could be a real cracker.

JdV has been poor this year and hasn't made impact in tests since 2009. Move Frans Steyn to 12 (his best position) or play de Jongh. In both cases they offer us more I am afraid. JdV has been a great servant but I reckon his time is all but up.

Replacing Matfield is another matter. I was hugely impressed with Muller when he came on. He seems to have become a better player at Ulster. Looks the fittest I can ever recall seeing him. You won't see him pinch lineout ball but he organizes the lineout well on our throw. He also plays a more tight game.

But here is the real problem. PdV will use the fact that Matfield is out as an excuse to start Smit again. He'll waffle about leadership blah blah.

Well we had neither Smit or Vic on the park against the Welsh and dug ourselves out of a hole because Bismarck and Alberts came on and turned the contest at the collisions around.

We're fucked because of selection. Not one or two players being injured.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Really? Steyn to 12? For me, that's waaay to much boot in the halves. He's doing great at 15.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
But here is the real problem. PdV will use the fact that Matfield is out as an excuse to start Smit again. He'll waffle about leadership blah blah.

As soon as I saw Matfield out I thought that will be the case. In reality, it is logical thinking from PDV. Matfiled would be his captain without Smit, so who does he go to with both out? Plus with Bakkies out, that would be around 280 caps missing from your tight 5 so it is a huge loss of experience.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
JdV has been poor this year and hasn't made impact in tests since 2009. Move Frans Steyn to 12 (his best position) or play de Jongh. In both cases they offer us more I am afraid. JdV has been a great servant but I reckon his time is all but up.

Replacing Matfield is another matter. I was hugely impressed with Muller when he came on. He seems to have become a better player at Ulster. Looks the fittest I can ever recall seeing him. You won't see him pinch lineout ball but he organizes the lineout well on our throw. He also plays a more tight game.

Well we had neither Smit or Vic on the park against the Welsh and dug ourselves out of a hole because Bismarck and Alberts came on and turned the contest at the collisions around.

We're fucked because of selection. Not one or two players being injured.

This is more the reason I say reward the bench because I'd like to see Bismark start but do you think SA are going to do that?

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Is Fourie exclusively a 13? It seems like most saffa mid-fielders can play a range.

It would be a shame to move Frans Steyn - less time to kick 60 metre drop goals at inside centre.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Come the eliminations PDivvy will risk getting lynched by SAffa fans if he doesn't put Bismarck in to start every game. Any rugby fan worth their salt wants to see that man play.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Is Fourie exclusively a 13? It seems like most saffa mid-fielders can play a range.

It would be a shame to move Frans Steyn - less time to kick 60 metre drop goals at inside centre.

I reckon this ball isn't going to allow those. I was watching him in the warmups and the was struggle to get the distance. Could have been the wind though.

Status
Not open for further replies.