• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springbokke vs Ierland Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I had a good laugh at Schalk Burger senior's remarks on Twitter.

"Present players have got wings, ailerons, rudders and can manuever in the air, the TMO now an Air traffic Controller"

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I had a good laugh at Schalk Burger senior's remarks on Twitter.

"Present players have got wings, ailerons, rudders and can manuever in the air, the TMO now an Air traffic Controller"

"CJ flight 6, please divert immediately to Newlands Sheds International Airport as you are barred from landing at Newlands Pitch International Airport due to a collision with Lambie flight 10"

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Morne Steyn called up to the squad. Reckon it is better for Garth April to stay with the A side, but is there honestly no one else than Morne?

Jean Luc Du Plessis is a good prospect but the matches I saw him play he was too error prone to play test rugby and seems that April is before him in the pecking order anyway.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I honestly don't see what's wrong with Marnitz Boshoff. He is already a Bok and he had a dominant performance against the Bulls.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Most interesting of reads:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/06/13/one-test-coetzee-already-cliff/

Suffice to say, the average South African is the most depressed rugby supporter on the planet today. Oh how we long for the days where we would be grouped as equally as ominous a prospect to face as the All Blacks.

I don't mean being ranked second in the world. I mean genuinely sharing the spoils roughly 50/50 (60/40 during good times and 40/60 during bad times) with the All Blacks and consistently showing up the rest to be pretenders.

The Springboks in the modern era have become a team that can beat the All Blacks one week and lose to Ireland the next (2014 anyone?)

Unfortunately that poison has started to fester even more.

These unfortunate Bok records being set over the last two years seem likely to only intensify and become more consistent.

Argentina, Ireland and Wales and soon Italy seem like better rivals for the Springboks.

There's a massive amount of heritage players have tried their utmost to uphold over the decades and it all started here:

20-1906-print.jpg

99-1906-W-SA-prog-04.jpg

Read all about it here http://www.rugbyrelics.com/Museum/countries/SA/tr-1906.htm .

All down the drain.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Interesting to read the case was suspended for a day as Ireland presented footage of Willie Le Roux jumping and making contact with Paddy Jackson in the second half, the only difference was the injury from the contact.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Two changes for SA, five for Ireland:

Pietersen, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Siya Kolisi, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Adriaan Strauss (c), 1 Tendai Mtawarira. Replacements: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Julian Redelinghuys, 19 Franco Mostert, 20 Warren Whiteley, 21 Rudy Paige, 22 Morne Steyn, 23 Ruan Combrinck

Ireland: 15 Jared Payne, 14 Andrew Trimble, 13 Robbie Henshaw, 12 Stuart Olding, 11 Craig Gilroy, 10 Paddy Jackson, 9 Conor Murray, 8 Jamie Heaslip, 7 Rhys Ruddock, 6 Iain Henderson, 5 Quinn Roux, 4 Devin Toner, 3 Tadhg Furlong, 2 Rory Best, 1 Jack McGrath. Replacements: 16 Richardt Strauss, 17 David Kilcoyne, 18 Finlay Bealham, 19 Donnacha Ryan, 20 Sean Reidy, 21 Kieran Marmion, 22 Ian Madigan, 23 Tiernan O’Halloran

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Boks look absolutely shell-shocked - dicked in the setpiece, kicking, general play and discipline.

19-3 with 34 minutes gone

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
It's good to know that as bad as the Wallabies are going, we've got a million miles on the boks right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.