• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T Rd2: Hurricanes v Rebels

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
'canes: Jordie Barrett, Julian Savea, Billy Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Wes Goosen, Orbyn Leger, Jonathan Taumateine, Devan Flanders, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Reed Prinsep, Scott Scrafton, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Dane Coles (captain), Xavier Numia. Reserves: Asafo Aumua, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Alex Fidow, Liam Mitchell, Brayden Iose, Gareth Evans, Cam Roigard, Lolagi Visinia.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...laumape-back-as-hurricanes-shuffle-for-rebels

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
HURRICANES (1-15): Xavier Numia, Dane Coles (c), Tyrel Lomax, James Blackwell, Scott Scrafton, Reed Prinsep, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Jonathan Taumateine, Orbyn Leger, Wes Goosen, Ngani Laumape, Billy Proctor, Julian Savea, Jordie Barrett
Reserves: Asafo Aumua, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Alex Fidow, Liam Mitchell, Brayden Iose, Gareth Evans, Cam Roigard, Lolagi Visinia
INs: Wes Goosen, Ngani Laumape, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Gareth Evans, Cam Roigard, Lolagi Visinia, Scott Scrafton
OUTs: Isaia Walker-Leawere, Luke Campbell, Ruben Love, Salesi Rayasi, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Tevita Mafileo, Pepesana Patafilo
REBELS (1-15): Cameron Orr, Jordan Uelese, Cabous Eloff, Rob Leota, Trevor Hosea, Michael Wells, Josh Kemeny, Isi Naisarani, Joe Powell, Carter Gordon, Marika Koroibete, Matt To’ouma ©, Campbell Magnay, Andrew Kellaway, George Worth
Reserves: James Hanson, Matt Gibbon, Lucio Sordoni, Ross Haylett-Petty, Richard Hardwick, James Tuttle, Stacey Ili, Frank Lomani
INs: Andrew Kellaway, Isi Naisarani, George Worth, Trevor Hosea
OUTs: Lachie Anderson, Steve Cummins, Tom Pincus, Michael Icely

Pone F injured ? still suspended ? Hurricanes by more than the Blues

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
OUTs: Isaia Walker-Leawere, Salesi Rayasi, Peter Umaga-Jensen,

All rested? Can the last placed team really do that? For a 5 week comp? Must be something in the law book.....

If I'm the Rebs I'm targetting Orbyn Leger at 1st 5, dude has no idea what he's doing there.....

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
All rested? Can the last placed team really do that? For a 5 week comp? Must be something in the law book...

If I'm the Rebs I'm targetting Orbyn Leger at 1st 5, dude has no idea what he's doing there...
Dismal the Canes could field their Academy side and still likely win

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Carter Gorden at 10. He really hasn't gotten into the game with the few minutes he has had so it will be interesting to see how he goes with some more time.

We were ministered last week so we have to out up a better showing this week ( please)

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Few more linebenders in the team. Isi and Hosea back, To'omua in his natural position, and Magnay at 13. Hopefully we can be a bit more direct as a result!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yeah, let's go Rebels! The atmosphere around the city is electric, everyone's racing home already to switch on the tv. We must be massive favourites, going up against the cellar dwellers.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Carter Gordon not looking out of place, but the rebels really need to be getting quicker ball for him to work with.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
JBar winning turnovers, Goosen beating nine defenders, Flanders with an in-goal grubber that he damn near scores from.... the End Times are truly upon us, it's all there in the Book of Rennovations, y'all! If 'canes had a 5/8 who could do 5/8 stuff they'd be dangerous.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
this is a new ref isn't he? Got the feeling he not relaxing and just letting game go, especially early he looked real nervous and looked to be waiting for AR's to tell him stuff, was not playing advantage tc. He seems to be settling down as game goes on.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Canes probably should be further in front. Great run by Goosen bumping off would be taaacklaaaars.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So you're saying he's basically Foley?

You can see he's got good skills though, nice quick passes, he'll improve.

Rebels actually making good metres at will but not converting (and optional tackling at times).

Probably shouldn't speak till fulltime but having Hosea & Naisarani makes a big difference.

Also, I know I'm biased but Uelese is in good form. Big hits, good throwing and already 2 pilfers in the first half.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Gunna be a typical Aussie whinge, but fuck me sideways until i bleed, this ref is not up to standard.
He is all over the place , think even the Kiwi commentators are starting to feel a little awkward about it .

As typing this my two rugby playing sons have commented “ what is this ref doing? “