• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T Rd2: Hurricanes v Rebels

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gunna be a typical Aussie whinge, but fuck me sideways until i bleed, this ref is not up to standard.

He has been whistle happy...hurricanes certainly look beatable. After absorbing all that pressure to then have intercept against run of play a bummer.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Bit of pissed off back and forth between the Canes and Rebs dumping players on their asses. Then the Canes got serious and the Bus was away for the try after a great counter ruck.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Was it just me or did the Cane who caused turnover at that breakdown on one knee? Surely your can't crawl through the breakdown. Or were my eyes deceiving me and I need to go to visit my optometrist.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Was it just me or did the Cane who caused turnover at that breakdown on one knee? Surely your can't crawl through the breakdown. Or were my eyes deceiving me and I need to get to visit my optometrist.
Don't ask the ref, he obviously wouldn't know.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think the rebels are better then last week but also not sure hurricanes really one of the better sides on what I have seen (now making that comment does that mean they put 50 points on the rebels)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If the Sunwolves and Kings hadn't joined for a few years, the Rebels would be the worst ever Super Rugby team with some ease.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I can’t remember a worse tackle percentage then what the Rebels are displaying tonight
77E15D3C-8E23-4C7A-AC61-9A519FA77B91.jpeg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
If the Sunwolves and Kings hadn't joined for a few years, the Rebels would be the worst ever Super Rugby team with some ease.
Yep Derpus, even as a Cane's man, I didn't think they would beat any other teams (maybe except for Tahs) with how they played!:confused::mad:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He is all over the place , think even the Kiwi commentators are starting to feel a little awkward about it .

As typing this my two rugby playing sons have commented “ what is this ref doing? “

That's what I said at half, think his first game at this level? I thought he struggled , but don't think he helped either team. He didn't seem to relax and let them play.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yep Derpus, even as a Cane's man, I didn't think they would beat any other teams (maybe except for Tahs) with how they played!:confused::mad:
The quality of the Canes play was absolutely shocking. Barely professional. But then, the Rebels (and the ref) were even worse.

And yet you still refuse to see the disparity between Aus and NZ. One day you'll see that I'm not just a surrender monkey, one day.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Hurricanes are definitely the weakest of the NZ sides. They just muddle around most of the time waiting for Aumua, McNuggets, or one or two others, to do something.

That being said, only saw the second half, but Roigard looked to be doing well. Would like to see more of him.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Goosen is such a fun player. NZ's depth is crazy that he'll never get a look in. Go play for Wales or something. The commentators said it was silly enraging Coles but surely that's the best strategy for a win? get him to do something silly and red carded me thinks is the best chance for the Rebels.

Amazing statement about last week's game that I thought tonight was marked improvement and I enjoyed it much more. Rebels actually looked quite composed and dangerous for flashes. Man, my expectations are so low. But hey, they turfed their coach halfway through the season, what can I expect.

Uelese had a few pilfers in there, with two of them being try savers. He'll be in he Wallaby squad, probably 23 for a couple games. Gordon has talent, I think he will have a steep learning curve and hopefully performances that match the same curve. Also! he lay a bloody solid shot on Coles. Not good comparison for To'omua who I swear got bumped 5 times.

Who did Hosea absolutely smack in the 2nd half? That was a monster shot. Hurricanes gave it back too.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Goosen is such a fun player. NZ's depth is crazy that he'll never get a look in. Go play for Wales or something. The commentators said it was silly enraging Coles but surely that's the best strategy for a win? get him to do something silly and red carded me thinks is the best chance for the Rebels.

Amazing statement about last week's game that I thought tonight was marked improvement and I enjoyed it much more. Rebels actually looked quite composed and dangerous for flashes. Man, my expectations are so low. But hey, they turfed their coach halfway through the season, what can I expect.

Uelese had a few pilfers in there, with two of them being try savers. He'll be in he Wallaby squad, probably 23 for a couple games. Gordon has talent, I think he will have a steep learning curve and hopefully performances that match the same curve. Also! he lay a bloody solid shot on Coles. Not good comparison for To'omua who I swear got bumped 5 times.

Who did Hosea absolutely smack in the 2nd half? That was a monster shot. Hurricanes gave it back too.

Think it was Barrett. MotM play.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can I ask , does anyone know why Aus teams and Rebels were bad at it tonight put so many into rucks? I saw 3 times tonight whare Rebels players went to ground, had about 4-5 players dive in and make sure they won the ball and Canes had not one player there, There is actually not a ruck without 1 player from each side on their feet over the ball, so noone is offside etc if you all just pile in for no reason etc. Remember the famous Italy/England game from a couple of years back? You have to think during game!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Can I ask , does anyone know why Aus teams and Rebels were bad at it tonight put so many into rucks? I saw 3 times tonight whare Rebels players went to ground, had about 4-5 players dive in and make sure they won the ball and Canes had not one player there, There is actually not a ruck without 1 player from each side on their feet over the ball, so noone is offside etc if you all just pile in for no reason etc. Remember the famous Italy/England game from a couple of years back? You have to think during game!

They are terrible at rugby?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pleasing to see Gordon and To'omua both do some great clearing kicks (though it's just stock standard for JB). Begs the question where was To'omua's kicking last weekend?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I can’t remember a worse tackle percentage then what the Rebels are displaying tonight
View attachment 12316
With that sort of stats lucky they were playing the hurricanes.

I was trying to give To’omua some leeway for form issues by saying not playing in his best position at 12...not sure tonight’s performance supported that view and his wallaby credentials looking shaky. Likewise Powell can’t be part of the wallaby squad conversation based on this seasons performance. I still thought the rebels were improved on last week.

Reactions: mst