• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRAU RD 8 - Reds v Brumbies

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reds are definitely missing Paisami. But Flook has managed to not only get into space but make it on nearly every touch. Impressive from the young bloke.

Yeah I thought is was a gift for the Brumby centres - but that is not where we need a kick coming back from the break.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Good game, what you expect for a top of the table clash. Have a question what doen't Horan understand about it being a knock on if you hit the ball forward with your hand?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Very bad TMO call. At no point was Hegarty's hand in contact with the ball, his arm just squeezed the arm of the Brumbies player resulting in the ball being ejected.

I have seen, and actually posted, some biassed posts in my time, but that one takes the all time cake.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Good game, what you expect for a top of the table clash. Have a question what doen't Horan understand about it being a knock on if you hit the ball forward with your hand?

Problem is if you dislodge the ball in a tackle and it goes the other way the player in possession is ruled to have knocked it on.
So why does it depend on which way the ball goes?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

I think his point is that in real time it’s just a part of the tackle, play on. I can see his point but in this day and age it’s a knock on, sometimes I wish even the referee had a limit on the number of times per game he can go to the TMO.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Problem is if you dislodge the ball in a tackle and it goes the other way the player in possession is ruled to have knocked it on.
So why does it depend on which way the ball goes?

Because a knock on is that, a knock on and not a knock back!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
FWIW - i'd have paid Hegarty's try, every day of the week. Smashing someone in the tackle and dislodging the ball, is just a good tackle. I'd be fuming if I were a Reds fan, that should have been a try.

Half time score reflects the game all the same.