• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) 2022 - NZ & Drua matches with no match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Look, the Horsemen of the Auckpocalypse will happily trebuchet you into the Sun & if you so wish plan the trajectory such that you ricochet off Venus & Mercury. There's just no need to incentivise them by saying "I remain occasssionally tempted to support the ScoBar at 6 experiment. He is certainly mobile enough, and I still remember that awesome defensive display he had at 6 against France a few years back." :D
Here are my preferred options, in order, for the AB #6 jersey:

Akira Ioane
Sam Cane
Papalii
Big Red Robinson
Tupou Vaai
Taine Plumtree
Slackbladder
Jacobsen
D.Erpus
C.Yclopath
Woman-bashing, pea-hearted, nonsense-brained Crossword Frizzle
daylight
more daylight
just play the match with 14 players instead
Pfitzy
Scrote Barrett

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
".....the Chiefs, in what was the first time in their history that they were kept scoreless."

1649503417631.jpg
Kneel Down Before THE PROPHECY.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sounds like ALB has done major damage to his shoulder & it's the same one he injured v Ireland last year so surgery is a real possibility.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
[Edit: Jack Goodhue] has been back training with CruSadists & apparently impressing the hell out of Razor & co. but will play some Club footy before coming back into a 23 (I guess it's a sign of the times that which Club he'll play for is "yet to be decided").

Got through 40 minutes for Shirley & apparently the knee is OK but he rocked up sans mullet which disappointed a few fans. Sione Havili also got some game time after being out for six months.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Here are my preferred options, in order, for the AB #6 jersey:

Akira Ioane
Sam Cane
Papalii
Big Red Robinson
Tupou Vaai
Taine Plumtree
Slackbladder
Jacobsen
D.Erpus
C.Yclopath
Woman-bashing, pea-hearted, nonsense-brained Crossword Frizzle
daylight
more daylight
just play the match with 14 players instead
Pfitzy
Scrote Barrett
Akira?? He's not even playing, and is there signs of him even coming back?. I reckon ABs will have a peek at Papali'i, , Blackadder or Jacobson. Though I keen on Robinson, I not sure he will make step up. Frizzell I assume out for year with knee.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Got through 40 minutes for Shirley & apparently the knee is OK but he rocked up sans mullet which disappointed a few fans. Sione Havili also got some game time after being out for six months.
Be interesting to see how Goodhue goes, I reckon ALB maybe gone for year, though I would be going Reiko at moment, I like the idea of that pace at 13.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wheat is now being separated from the chaff:

SUPER RUGBY PACIFIC​

Pos.PWDL+/-Pts
Brumbies
Brumbies87018331
Blues
Blues76018827
Crusaders
Crusaders76016427
Queensland Reds
Queensland Reds76016226
NSW Waratahs
NSW Waratahs74034120
Chiefs
Chiefs74031918
Western Force
Western Force7205113
Hurricanes
Hurricanes6204-1111
Melbourne Rebels
Melbourne Rebels7205-5610
Highlanders
Highlanders7106-348
Fijian Drua
Fijian Drua8107-1316
Moana Pasifika
Moana Pasifika6105-1264

Round 9:

7:05 Tuesday Hurricanes v Moana Pasifika at Sky
7:05 Friday Crusaders v Blues
4:35 Saturday Chiefs v Moana Pasifika at FMG
7:05 Saturday Highlanders v Hurricanes at Forsyth Barr

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Akira?? He's not even playing, and is there signs of him even coming back?. I reckon ABs will have a peek at Papali'i, , Blackadder or Jacobson. Though I keen on Robinson, I not sure he will make step up. Frizzell I assume out for year with knee.

Akira has started running again should be ready for the Aussie games starting in a couple of weeks.

Blackadder has been the standout 6 so far in terms of what translates to test footy. His clash with presumably Robinson this weekend should be fascinating.

I do like the idea of either Cane or Papali'i being looked at for the AB number 6 jersey - potentially Papali'i as he has more experience playing 6. It might not work but it's worth a shot until the 6 jersey is solved.

Grace vs Sotutu should be a good clash too.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The legend of this game continues to grow.

* Sam Nock played the whole game with a broken hand
* Ofa clearly received not 1 but 2 amateur lobotomy attempts from enraged Chiefs forwards
* Chiefs held scoreless for the first time in their history
* Chiefs were the home team ffs
Akira has started running again
I thought my windows were rattling a bit weirdly this morning.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes: Ruben Love, Wes Goosen, Bailyn Sullivan, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Salesi Rayasi, Aidan Morgan, TJ Perenara; Devan Flanders, Blake Gibson, Reed Prinsep (c), Tom Parsons, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Tevita Mafileo, James O'Reilly, Alex Fidow. Reserves: Kianu Kereru-Symes, Jared Proffit, Pasilio Tosi, Justin Sangster, Te Kamaka Howden, Cam Roigard, Teihorangi Walden, Josh Moorby

Moana Pasifika: Lolagi Visinia, Tima Fainga’anuku, Levi Aumua, Danny Toala, Neria Foma’i, Christian Leali’ifano (c), Jonathan Taumateine; Henry Time-Stowers, Alamanda Motuga, Alex McRobbie, Samuel Slade, Mahonri Ngakuru, Joe ‘Apikotoa, Samiuela Moli, Abraham Pole. Reserves: Ray Niuia, Ezekiel Lindenmuth, Taukiha’amea Koloamatangi, Michael Curry, Penitoa Finau, Manu Paea, Lincoln McClutchie, Henry Taefu

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
Look, the Horsemen of the Auckpocalypse will happily trebuchet you into the Sun & if you so wish plan the trajectory such that you ricochet off Venus & Mercury. There's just no need to incentivise them by saying "I remain occasssionally tempted to support the ScoBar at 6 experiment. He is certainly mobile enough, and I still remember that awesome defensive display he had at 6 against France a few years back." :D
:D:D Hahah.

Cmon Scott! if your brother can play 12 you can be half as good at 6!
Don't let em horsemen get you down

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oooooh there a game on tomorrowwwwww

FQCDBfQaAAEzhdL

Soup Rugby really should fiddle the schedule so theres a game on every couple of days.

Sat, Sun, then Monday Night footie, midweek game, Friday night footie.

Having to wait 6 days for the next match is just hateful and punishing.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yeehaa looks like Canes are getting a few locks fit again, Walker-Leawere and Parsons being back on deck is good.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Akira has started running again should be ready for the Aussie games starting in a couple of weeks.

Blackadder has been the standout 6 so far in terms of what translates to test footy. His clash with presumably Robinson this weekend should be fascinating.

I do like the idea of either Cane or Papali'i being looked at for the AB number 6 jersey - potentially Papali'i as he has more experience playing 6. It might not work but it's worth a shot until the 6 jersey is solved.

Grace vs Sotutu should be a good clash too.
I hope Akira comes back and plays to his potential, I like the idea od Papalií having a look at 6, think I recall Foster saying same thing last year. Grace could convert there too, not sure about Hoskins , I think he may be best to try and develop at 8.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights

MP (Moana Pasifika) obviously putting a lot of work into their scrum which is much improved but the lineout & maul still nowhere near where they need to be & is there a team in the comp with poorer discipline?

Status
Not open for further replies.