• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stars vs Rising, 31 August at Leichart

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Just got back from the game.

24 for the stars in the second row was soft as custard. Constantly dominated by backs in contact.

Was unimpressed by Skelton. Didn't make the impact you'd expect at this level.

Rising scrum was very dominant.

Timani and Jones had some good involvements but made too many errors.

McMahon was everywhere with a lot of impact.

English looked good, as did Jack D.

Jeffries was very physical.

We all thought it was quite a physical game. Plenty of big hits.

Did anybody see the scuffle between Inman and 22 from the stars with 5 to go. Inman had a run and as he was going to ground he threw and elbow at 22 who was on the ground. They had a bit of a scuffle and then Mitch was telling them to wait there, he was going to come back and run again.

Good afternoon though.

Reactions: Ash

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
My wife and I were there - we chatted to @fatprop for a while.

The Stars let themselves with numerous and frequent handling errors. Will Skelton played 80 mins and was responsible for a few handling errors.

The Rising showed their Super Rugby style, and were too good.

Cracking weather.

Leichhardt Oval let itself down with a poor and very limited beer selection.

T

Train Without a Station

Was with a mate that had worked for the rebels and was having a chat to Ben Meehan after the game. I asked about their schedule compared to a super game.

For a super game they'd arrive the morning of the day before, have a captains run in the afternoon and otherwise just time to themselves and would return the day after the game.

The rising left Melbourne on a 10am flight today. Immediately got a bus to the ground, and they were straight off to the airport after the game.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Was with a mate that had worked for the rebels and was having a chat to Ben Meehan after the game. I asked about their schedule compared to a super game.

For a super game they'd arrive the morning of the day before, have a captains run in the afternoon and otherwise just time to themselves and would return the day after the game.

The rising left Melbourne on a 10am flight today. Immediately got a bus to the ground, and they were straight off to the airport after the game.

Necessary evil of a competition such as this in order to keep costs manageable. City flew into Perth last night from the looks of tier twitter account. Perth appears to be the only local where that will happen. Wouldn't shock me if they were on a plane out of there at around 8 pm our time.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Spirit's plan of resting there well travelled super players on away games may well play dividends.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yeah thought so, not even doing accommodation major budget cuts.
To be fair though Gwerty, even in ITM cup in NZ, they don't have overnight accomadation if it can be avoided, I believe it called living within your means, and good on them for trying to make sure the comp can stay around for a while huh??

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This game was down to a S15 squad playing a pack of club units with a few ringins

All bar 1 in the 1-12 for rising were full time pro vs 4 from the "Stars" (a truly horrible name)

They were too fit, too strong and too organised

For the Stars, both wingers are their only real threat

Skelton was solid giant with freakish skills and played 80. He ain't a starting test player, he doesn't do enough hard stuff. He needs to endlessly watch Retalic highlight reels, use your size mate, cleanout, bend your back get under and drive away

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Too strong for our boys yesterday they will be one of the top four sides in this NRC. Crowd wasn't as big but the atmosphere at Leichardt is one that I'm hoping will grow, especially on the family hill.

D

daz

1,000 people at an NRC game would have to be a bit concerning wouldn't it? Especially when one of the teams was a Sydney team.

Was it a location issue (i.e. hard to get to and from the ground) or just a lack of interest?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
1,000 people at an NRC game would have to be a bit concerning wouldn't it? Especially when one of the teams was a Sydney team.

Was it a location issue (i.e. hard to get to and from the ground) or just a lack of interest?

A bit of both.

The oval has very limited PT nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.