• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Steve Jobs passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
A true genius. Has totally transformed our understanding and use of computer-based technologies. And personally built one of the world's most successful, and biggest, businesses. Each of us will only ever witness in our lifetimes a handful of people with such talent, vision and drive.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A true genius. Has totally transformed our understanding and use of computer-based technologies. And personally built one of the world's most successful, and biggest, businesses. Each of us will only ever witness in our lifetimes a handful of people with such talent, vision and drive.

Will we see his like again? Not in my lifetime
A poignant moment as I viewed the SMH website on my iPad:
"flash version 9.0 or greater required" - he's even influencing his valedictory transmission

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=22.217916,-159.495011

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is this why they have produced Iphone 4s (Steve) rather than iphone 5?

Regardless of your mactardness, I think all will recognise the brilliance of this man.

Again while there are only two certainties in life, it begs the question, why do bad things happen to good people, when there are so many bad people around?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
From Steve Jobs, Stanford U commencement address, 2005:

“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
This is worth having a listen to.

[video=youtube;UF8uR6Z6KLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc&sns=fb[/video]

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Doesn't take long...

ZrOZd.png

R

ripper868

Nearly choked up at the 11th minute there talking about his pancreatic cancer - particularly the "And now I'm fine" bit.

Edit - in response to the vid, not the wiki.

N

nicobinho

I've literally watched this speech about 10 times. It's amazing how he expresses himself. I find everything that he says completely true and that we should all follow that ideology. RIP STEVE JOBS

Status
Not open for further replies.