• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Steve Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Worst performance of the year by far. lost control of the game. made it personal between him and brumbies. missed countless knock ons. slowed the game down (which helped the tahs win). and didn't give a try he should have.

go back to NZ.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Not interested in singleing out one ref but out of the five games so far this weekend Vinnie Munro is the only one to do a decent job. That was the Highlanders Canes game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No. Hoiles let it get to him and wound Walsh up further, which was dumb, once he realised Walsh was unhappy.
I will agree it was a very poor performance.
If he believed repeated infringements were happening, he should have carded someone.
And yes, Munro is bloody good.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Holies isn't repsonsible for Walsh making basic errors. Ones that cost the brumbies.

Walsh was crap. Couldn't handle it.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I was hoping that he would at least give Ben Mowen a warning after repeated cynical infringements.

C

chief

As i saw it.

Walsh awarded 30 plus penalties and didn't bin
His scrums were out of control and out of order
His attitude towards smart arsed Brumbies players was childish and immature
Walsh's performance was nothing short of embarrassing
Vinny Munro was fucking good

However, it was a two way street, both teams got penalised, without Walsh explaining or making either teams learn. He lost control, and he lost a few of those supporters. Well fucking done Steve Walsh.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I didn't say Hoiles was responsible for Walsh making errors - I said he inflamed the situation between him and Walsh which didn't help his team. I am not saying Walsh was right, just that Hoiles was wrong too.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I thought Kaplan was bad this weekend, but it looked like Walsh was just guessing at stages.

In saying that, I think a better captain for the Brumbies would've helped. Hoiles doesn't seem the best leader for this lot.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
cyclopath said:
No. Hoiles let it get to him and wound Walsh up further, which was dumb, once he realised Walsh was unhappy.
I will agree it was a very poor performance.
If he believed repeated infringements were happening, he should have carded someone.
And yes, Munro is bloody good.

Hoiles did his boys no favours. Could not help but notice Waugh blowing heaps of smoke up Walsh's arse after this went down. Waugh played him like a dream. This was a real show of experience and only made it worse for Hoiles.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
louie said:
Walsh is there to big the bigger man.

NO.

Hoiles is the Captain and should of set the example. Walsh was crap no doubt but the moment Hoiles started disrespecting him, he made it worse and let his team down.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Its interesting with refs - last weekend our First Grade took on Sydney Harlequins and both captains were getting mouthy as. Its not usually as vocal but both teams are pretty good and its always competitive. The ref called them both over at least two times over repeated infringements, giving a general warning about discipline at the breakdown for both sides. Around the time where we got a yellow card, both captains started up again.

Our bloke said "But they're infringing too - what are you going to do about it?"

The ref replied by calling the game off. Without that option in S14 I think Walsh has to take action against someone. Yellow cards for captains who do not respect the referee are perfectly OK in my book.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
NTA said:
The ref replied by calling the game off. Without that option in S14 I think Walsh has to take action against someone. Yellow cards for captains who do not respect the referee are perfectly OK in my book.

I'm a big fan of this idea, it's the same when a captain is told to talk his players. Most of the time they just yell or walk back and tell one player. They should be responsible for the team.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
what a useless piece of shit reffing performance that was, game could have been so much better without him, useless, absolutely useless

C

chief

Anyone hear what Vinnie Munro said to Jimmy Cowan when he was venting his anger, that's classy reffing.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thing is, when Walsh isn't antagonised by people (he's a notoriously arrogant prick), he can be quite a good ref. I've seen him ref club games and noted how good he was. But every now and then he just loses it.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Ruggo said:
Not interested in singleing out one ref but out of the five games so far this weekend Vinnie Munro is the only one to do a decent job. That was the Highlanders Canes game.
I can't believe I'm reading this. He let Jimmy Cowan give him a massive verbal and let him punch a Canes player right in front of him without censure!
That said the game flowed heaps better than the oz tripe but I think that had little to do with Munroe

C

chief

rsea said:
Ruggo said:
I can't believe I'm reading this. He let Jimmy Cowan give him a massive verbal and let him punch a Canes player right in front of him without censure!
That said the game flowed heaps better than the oz tripe but I think that had little to do with Munroe

Initially I thought that, but it was just a get off me action. Not really a punch. Had no problems. Cowan is known to be a dickwad when the verbal occurred it's just one of those perks as being captain. You aren't gonna yellow card a captain for backchat nor dissent.

Status
Not open for further replies.