• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
Agree it would be good if we could find a time slot that works for everyone, but requires everyone to stand up a team simultaneously which is difficult. Everyone is moving at different speeds, so growing pains are inevitable.
I'd reckon that forcing hosting clubs that don't yet have a women's team to change their game day schedule to accommodate doesn't breed much goodwill either.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
I’m sure the girls would appreciate a set time rather than be shunted around each week from 10.00am to 3.30pm. Hard for clubs to get them to commit when it changes every week.

Through the hands

Stan Wickham (3)
Anyone from Waverley know what’s happening with the colts? Hard to believe it’s a numbers issue as they were premiers last year. Potentially a number of those boys last season too old to play?

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
I’m sure the girls would appreciate a set time rather than be shunted around each week from 10.00am to 3.30pm. Hard for clubs to get them to commit when it changes every week.
Except when they pull out on the morning of and now the day for the Men’s team is disjointed without them playing.
The lack of organization for this competition is frustrating

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Ok some big results across the divisions today.
Drummoyne giving the poodle wankers an absolute belting in Div 1. Well done Forest for beating St Pats.
No surprises in Div 2. Lindfield preparing for Div 1 next year.
Div 3 no surprises. Manly Savers? wtf. They trained a few years ago at my son's local club and there were close to 100 of them there that night.
Div 4 - Good to see Wakehurst doing well with colts as well.

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
Drummoyne giving the poodle wankers an absolute belting in Div 1. Well done Forest for beating St Pats.
Div 3 no surprises. Manly Savers? wtf. They trained a few years ago at my son's local club and there were close to 100 of them there that night.
@Eastcoast will have plenty to say about the performance of St Pats I’m sure. I guess he needs someone thing to carry on about whilst Hunters are on the bye

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Eastcoast in bye week....

Screenshot_20230422-224005.png

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Allen Oxlade (6)
Witnessed another great day of footy down at soldiers memorial park, with the old soldiers in their annual ANZAC round putting on yet another clinic against Hawkesbury. Another try of the week contender going to the Butcher, most wingers should learn from his skill set.

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
Forest wing's try to steal the win from St Pats right on full-time must be a contender.

4 tacklers beaten, and on replay if you watch carefully you can actually pinpoint the second when St Pats' players hearts rip in half.
If you'd checked the weekend scores you'd know hunters hill halligans scored a try on the weekend. Even without video evidence, that's the try of the week.

Heure

Frank Nicholson (4)

no promotion from Div 2 next year as Petersham will be going down and Div 1 reducing to 8 teams.

newport 1s would scrape a win against forest and an under strength blue mountains in a dead rubber but unfortunately for lindfield they have quantity,
not quality. The standard of div2 is absolutely dreadful.

footy_footy

Chris McKivat (8)
After 2 rounds Div 1 appears to be a lot closer than previous years.

Mosman made light work of Petersham in 1s but a pretty even day throughout the grades. Mosman v Hunters Hill next weekend will be an interesting as two early contenders for the top gong.

St Pat's and Forest had a fairly even day throughout the grades. A red card in the opening minutes of the Kentwell Cup match to St Pat's hooker would seem to be the difference between the teams. Forest backline were impressive.

Colleagues and Waverley seem to have come back to the pack in 2023 with big improvements and good recruitment at Drummoyne and Blue Mountains in the top grades.

Blue Mountains Kentwell side features a few big names. Waldo Wessels and Chris Nay in the halves bring huge Shute Shield experience. John Sauni at hooker was contracted to the Waratahs as recently as 2021 - will be a tough road trip up the M4 for most clubs in 2023!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Division 4

Mac Uni v Sydney Irish

Saints v Merrylands

Renegades
v Chatswood

Redfield v Rockdale

Wakehurst v Raptors

100% for Round 2.

Trip to Rockdale for us this week which will be interesting - a few injuries and some missing guys mean we might travel short on numbers. C A Redmond looked a bit damp in round 1 and there is a bit of rain tomorrow and plenty forecast Saturday...

Wakehurst hosting Redfield should be very interesting.

Last edited:

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
Div 5 Preview!
Colleagues vs George’s River
The new boys George’s River gave a good account of themselves last week against a strong Sea Lice side whilst Colleagues were run over by Buraneer. If the River Boys travel they should get the win by 10 in this one. Building for the grudge match vs Oatley in a couple of weeks.

River Boys by 10.

Kings vs Canterbury
Canterbury were desperately unlucky to go down after the bell last week but with Kings having the bye I’m expecting them to be fresh and to run the bigger Berries pack around.
Kings in a close one by 3.

Oatley vs Maccabi
Always a tough road trip down to Oatley at the best of time but coming off not fielding a side last week this could be a blow out, fingers crossed the Maccabi boys can get into the season . Oatley to make it 2 from 2 in this one. Oatley by 30

Blacktown vs Balmain
Normally this would be my match if the round but hard to go past the Sea Lice blockbuster. A fresh Blacktown take on last gasp winners in Balmain. Blacktown looked strong in the preseason and with new leadership things are looking up after a tough 2022. After just getting home Last week I’m tipping the Laurie Fisher magic to wear off this week and Blacktown to get up in this one.
Blacktown by 1.

North Cronulla vs Burraneer
Match of the round across all divisions for me. Great to see this game being under lights at Forshaw. Sea Lice looking strong again as always with a win over the River Boys last week. But with out there NRL import I am tipping the Burra boys to get the upset in this one and stamp there tittle claims early on this year. A try in it late.
Burraneer by 5

Bye- Dukes
5/6 this week. Didn’t pick the solid win from the Berries! Big statement from the Burra boys over the Sea Lice.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
no promotion from Div 2 next year as Petersham will be going down and Div 1 reducing to 8 teams.

Not set in stone. If 2 clubs are falling off, and there is a clear standout from Div 2, the option is there to relegate 2 clubs.

Heure

Frank Nicholson (4)
After 2 rounds Div 1 appears to be a lot closer than previous years.

Mosman made light work of Petersham in 1s but a pretty even day throughout the grades. Mosman v Hunters Hill next weekend will be an interesting as two early contenders for the top gong.

St Pat's and Forest had a fairly even day throughout the grades. A red card in the opening minutes of the Kentwell Cup match to St Pat's hooker would seem to be the difference between the teams. Forest backline were impressive.

Colleagues and Waverley seem to have come back to the pack in 2023 with big improvements and good recruitment at Drummoyne and Blue Mountains in the top grades.

Blue Mountains Kentwell side features a few big names. Waldo Wessels and Chris Nay in the halves bring huge Shute Shield experience. John Sauni at hooker was contracted to the Waratahs as recently as 2021 - will be a tough road trip up the M4 for most clubs in 2023!
You have to applaud the recruitment of both clubs especially Blue Mountains - to attract $hute $hield players 70km away as well as a former Waratah is impressive - all for the love of gra$$ root$ footy. Who wouldn’t want to play at crapstone oval?!

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Spend a weekend away and come back to some wild attacks on this site.

Great weekend of footy - Was hoping to go down the road and watch Iggies play but cant believe a club would forfeit 1st Grade.
Definitely looking forward to Lindfield moving up to Div 1 next year. Would not make sense for subbies to limit the growth of a previously strong Div 1 club. To stay down in Div 2 when you have 5 grade sides and a strong colts team would be silly.

No issues with the Div 1 results - Drummoyne look to have their mojo back after the WAGS saga of last year? Or was that just G&G dribble? St Pats did it tough for 90% of the game with 14 players so props to them for almost snatching the 4 points. Blueys look good as well - Bit of a shame we dont get that trip up to Lapstone - Always enjoy the beer and banter that comes from the Clubhouse corner.