• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

SuburbanCornChip

Bob McCowan (2)
Ladder Tips for Div 2 and Div 3 (Bolded to take out the comp)

Throw out yours

Div 2:

1. UNSW
2. Lindfield
3. Newport
4. Valley
5. Hills
6. Epping
7. Briars

Div 3:

1. Knox
2. Harbour
3. Old Barker
4. Quins
5. Beecroft
6. Manly
7. Iggies

oldmate11

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ladder Tips for Div 2 and Div 3 (Bolded to take out the comp)

Throw out yours

Div 2:

1. UNSW
2. Lindfield
3. Newport
4. Valley
5. Hills
6. Epping
7. Briars

Div 3:

1. Knox
2. Harbour
3. Old Barker
4. Quins
5. Beecroft
6. Manly
7. Iggies
Div 2:

1. Newport
2. UNSW
3. Lindfield
4. Valley
5. Hills
6. Epping
7. Briars

Div 3:

1. Harbour
2. BOBS
3. Knox
4. Manly
5. Beecroft
6. Quins
7. Iggies

Eastcoast

Ted Fahey (11)
Div 2:

1. UNSW
2. Lindfield
3. Epping
4. Newport
5. Valley
6. Hills
7. Briars

Div 3:

1. Knox
2. Old Barker
3. Manly
4. Beecroft
5. Harbour
6. Quins
7. Iggies

UNSW have kept the same squad by the looks of social media. So they will be difficult. Lindfield Epping and Newport to bring out the top 4. There are some rumblings around HH that Epping have recruited well. Their/our colts were at Boronia on Saturday and look handy.

Knox will win Div 3. They were good in Div 1 and thats with players dropping off every week. They will start winning and players will come out for a premiership.
This chat about Harbour is over the top - They cant win games in Div 3 scoring 12 and 13 points a game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
This chat about Harbour is over the top - They cant win games in Div 3 scoring 12 and 13 points a game.

Except if the opposition are only scoring 11.7 points a game as they did on average last year :)

It will be a different type of opposition for Harbour, but really unless you've seen them up close, you've only got stats to go on.

Ignoring the 2 forfeits, last year their regular season was
12 games
12 wins
518 For
140 against

I make that +378 or a margin of 31.5 points per game.

Their finals series was played in very wet conditions against good opponents, and they found ways to win.

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
Rumours that clubs as high as div 1 are battling to field colts. Noted multiple trials where colts were not fielded over the weekend.

footy_footy

Herbert Moran (7)
Rumours that clubs as high as div 1 are battling to field colts. Noted multiple trials where colts were not fielded over the weekend.
Blue Mountains haven't had "Colts" trials in their schedules and are offering free rego for Colts - always a cry for help. Which other clubs are struggling?

Hunters Hill seemingly have strong Colts numbers if they are supplementing Epping in Div 2. I understand St Pat's are looking to field a Colts II in Radford Cup. Mosman and Colleagues will likely have a surplus of Colts as well if recent history is any indicator.

As for trial form, St Pat's Colts had a good hit out against West Harbour 3's Colts. In Grade there were a series of pretty scrappy trial matches against Southern Beaches and UOW - think all three clubs will be glad to have that one behind them. A real "blowout the cobwebs" fixture.

Any update from the Hunters Hill, Petersham & Lindfield match up yesterday? Instagram suggests Colleagues had a good day out in Boorowa.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Blue Mountains haven't had "Colts" trials in their schedules and are offering free rego for Colts - always a cry for help.

Think they did that last year as well and numbers on the sheet were between 15-20 a week with an average of probably 16.

I find free rego is a double-edged sword as EDIT: in our club's experience, it might attract players (all ages) but it also means they're not invested in the club and less likely to go play away in particular.

You'd think that the away thing is something fairly well known at Blue Mtns given the distances they expect every year. I heard they were OK but other clubs, including last year's Premiers, are struggling to get that "safe" number in around that 25 mark. Everyone looking for more of course. You'd love to have about 25-30 Colts if you're in the top 3 Divisions.

Would help if Premier Clubs stopped warehousing 80+ kids.

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ah man thats disappointing

Necessary though - someone had to fill that slot to ensure everyone gets a game on their allocated weekend.

Easts Colts 4 for Harlequins
Marlins Colts 4 for Savers
Gortdon Colts 4 for Harbour
Beecroft Colts
Knox Colts
Barker Colts
Iggies Colts

Harbour were never going to get a Colts team and have shown no signs of even trying Second Grade. From the outside it looks like a bunch of mates who didn't want to be part of any other club, and after winning a few trophies they'll hang up the boots, unlikely to contribute any further to the game.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Necessary though - someone had to fill that slot to ensure everyone gets a game on their allocated weekend.

Easts Colts 4 for Harlequins
Marlins Colts 4 for Savers
Gortdon Colts 4 for Harbour
Beecroft Colts
Knox Colts
Barker Colts
Iggies Colts

Harbour were never going to get a Colts team and have shown no signs of even trying Second Grade. From the outside it looks like a bunch of mates who didn't want to be part of any other club, and after winning a few trophies they'll hang up the boots, unlikely to contribute any further to the game.
Ofcourse they had to, just disappointing that in a 7 club division you can only get 4 colts teams.
I guess the game is in a worse state then my rose coloured glasses would let me see.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ofcourse they had to, just disappointing that in a 7 club division you can only get 4 colts teams.
I guess the game is in a worse state then my rose coloured glasses would let me see.

If the premier clubs had a numbers cutoff for Colts and sent them back to local clubs it might help. Instead:

"This is the Colts 3 bench. You are number 20 in the queue. If enough guys ahead of you get injured, you *might* get a run one week. For Colts 3. Never Colts 2 or 1, oh no...
"What?! Of COURSE you'll play in first grade one day if you work hard and keep paying us $500 a year so we can keep the current first grade happy"

Oldsoldier

Stan Wickham (3)
Blue Mountains haven't had "Colts" trials in their schedules and are offering free rego for Colts - always a cry for help. Which other clubs are struggling?

Hunters Hill seemingly have strong Colts numbers if they are supplementing Epping in Div 2. I understand St Pat's are looking to field a Colts II in Radford Cup. Mosman and Colleagues will likely have a surplus of Colts as well if recent history is any indicator.

As for trial form, St Pat's Colts had a good hit out against West Harbour 3's Colts. In Grade there were a series of pretty scrappy trial matches against Southern Beaches and UOW - think all three clubs will be glad to have that one behind them. A real "blowout the cobwebs" fixture.

Any update from the Hunters Hill, Petersham & Lindfield match up yesterday? Instagram suggests Colleagues had a good day out in Boorowa.
Fairly dominant display by Lindfield in 1st grade, petersham were in shambles