• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Unfortunately the subbies board are too spineless to have a straight back to be able to take their snouts out of the trough to audit clubs / speak to players

1680870586816.jpeg

A few things to unpack here:

1) Applications for the Board are open every year. Look forward to seeing your name up there later this year, champ.

2) I'm assuming, given your statement above, you're unfamiliar with Section 3 of the Operations Manual, which deals with the processes of Amateur Status. Here is a link for you but in short: an investigation requires a complaint concerning an individual or club. Fill your boots, but take note of Section 3.1 especially - and I quote:

Whilst anonymous complaints will NOT be accepted or investigated, a complainant’s confidentiality will be respected if requested.

3) All complaints will be investigated by the Integrity Committee. Easiest way to get it there is via the Executive Director as per the instructions on the handy BREACH OF AMATEUR POLICY COMPLAINT FORM in section 3.7

----------------------------------

You've been posting here 2 months (under this account, anyway), talking nothing but rubbish.

My assessment is that you've got very little to aid integrity of the sport, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

TheBigArvo

Chris McKivat (8)
Sad to see another once powerful club succumb. Watched one of the hardest hitting Grandfinals vs HAC and now they are both gone. Some enormous humans with insane skill.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Sad to see another once powerful club succumb. Watched one of the hardest hitting Grandfinals vs HAC and now they are both gone. Some enormous humans with insane skill.

Hopefully this allows Brothers to reset and go again for 2024. It is effectively what Saints and Lane Cove are doing via a merger.

That northern beaches/north shore area has seen some attrition in the last 15 years or so:

Killara West Pymble
Roseville
Collaroy
Clovelly
Seaforth
Terrey Hills
Dee Why
Brothers

I suspect that lack of volunteers & back office features heavily in the reasons why clubs are shutting down.

Without a few key people at our club, we'd be in the same boat, and I suspect so would several others.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hopefully this allows Brothers to reset and go again for 2024. It is effectively what Saints and Lane Cove are doing via a merger.

That northern beaches/north shore area has seen some attrition in the last 15 years or so:

Killara West Pymble
Roseville
Collaroy
Clovelly
Seaforth
Terrey Hills
Dee Why
Brothers

I suspect that lack of volunteers & back office features heavily in the reasons why clubs are shutting down.

Without a few key people at our club, we'd be in the same boat, and I suspect so would several others.
Terrey Hills is back this year i believe.

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
Div 1 Round 1 Preview

Hunters Hill vs Colleagues - Grand Final rematch here, should be a great game. Expect it to be similar story to the 2022 GF through, with Colleagues' class showing through in the end. Hunters wont make it easy though, and I expect them to be there or thereabouts again in 2023. Colleagues by 7.

Drummoyne vs Petersham - Drummoyne have recruited well and from all accounts Petersham are battling a bit, which is a shame in a milestone year for the club. Drummoyne by 15.

Forest vs Blue Mountains - Not hearing great noises from the Forest camp who have apparently struggled a bit numbers wise at training. Expect Blue Mountains to be a tougher proposition in 2023. Forest will fight hard, but might struggle with not enough size and firepower in this one. BM by 10.

Waverley vs St Patricks - Another big game here with 2 sides likely to be pushing for finals again in 2023. Pats starting to look like a juggernaut again with a production line of guys coming out of colts. Waverley also looking very solid and will be disappointed with their finish in 2022. Waverley just, but with no confidence. Waves by 1.

Div 2 Round 2 Preview

Hawkesbury Valley vs Hills - Valley had a tough day Round 1, but I doubt they'll be the same proposition in Round 2. Will likely have guys back so will be much tougher. Hills were impressive in putting away Epping with 14 men for most of the contest. Hills will be pushed, but expect them to get home in this one. Hills by 10.

Newport vs Briars - Briars were much better than in 2022 last week, but Valley didn't provide much of a test. Playing Newport at Porters will be a much better gauge of where they are at early in 2023. The defending premiers apparently arent quite the same team in 2023, but I expect they'll still be able to score tries from anywhere. This will be closer than people expect, but with a big crowd Newport should get home. Newport by 7.

Epping vs Lindfield - Lindfield looking like the early pace setters in 2023, spanking UNSW. Epping squandered what was a pretty winnable game against Hills. Appear very talented, but maybe a bit disorganised. Epping can push anyone in this comp, but I'm not sure my lads can get it done this week, Lindfield too strong. Lindfield by 10.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4 Round 1 Preview

Chatswood
v Mac Uni - numbers at training pretty good for both clubs, but the rumour mill suggests the Beacons lost a few in the off-season. Going with the Stags at home.

Rockdale v Wakehurst/Brothers - I think the returning Rangers will start with a bang.

Merrylands v Renegades - again, going with the home side, though if we get everyone there on the day it should be a good game!

Sydney Irish v Saints/Cove - Irish will look to dominate through set piece.

Redfield v Raptors - I see a few familiar faces back at Raptors training, so they'll be good, but Redfield are always good.

Eastcoast

Ted Fahey (11)
Div 1 Round 1 Preview

Hunters Hill
vs Colleagues - Boys have had a great pre-season. Good numbers at training and really good feel around the club. Disappointing not to get over the line last year in the GF, although we have picked up some handy players so hopefully go one better this year. HH by 3

Drummoyne vs Petersham - Drummoyne will have picked up and based on Petershams showing a few weeks back against us and Lindfield, it shouldnt be a close game. Drummoyne by 10

Forest vs Blue Mountains - Forest want to go back to Div 2 and be the big fish in a small pond. Cant get a read on Blueys yet - a few of their 1's last year are running around in Shute this year, but they may have picked up better players. Blue Mountains by 7

Waverley vs St Patricks - Waverley is another team boasting really strong numbers at training. Have looked good in trials as well. St Pats have taken alot of feedback on board from last year and I can see them being alot more expansive. They could push for a Semi final spot this year. We only get to face Pats in round 14 which is extremely strange. I think this game has Waverley 28-26 written all over it.

oldmate11

Allen Oxlade (6)
Div 3 Round 2 Preview

1st Grade

Manly Savers
v Knox - Both teams unimpressive round 1. Should be a close battle, I’ll back Manly with a bit more class at home to knock off a travelling Knox outfit. Manly by 7

Sydney Harlequins v Sydney Harbour - Cheeky Sydney derby here, can only see this going one way unfortunately, Harbour will look to make a statement here. Harbour by 30

Old Barker v Beecroft - Match of the round for sure. Beecroft played well but will need to take it up a gear if they want to knock off BOBs at home. BOBs generally have a pretty strong first grade side and I see them squeezing home by 3 to kick off their season.

2nd grade

Manly Savers v Knox - We’ll see if savers can get a second team on the field this week at home. Regardless, the lack of numbers doesn’t inspire confidence. Knox by 10

Sydney Harlequins v Easts Harbour - Quins will look to bounce back after a disappointing showing. I think they’ll get up by 5 here, they’re a good second grade side.

Old Barker v Beecroft - Beecroft’s second grade side look strong as they usually do in this division. Barker will get up for this match for sure. Beecroft by 3

Colts

Manly v Knox - Should be a good game this. I see Manly keeping it close but Knox pull away to win by 10

Easts v Gordon - Easts look good, they should win comfortably by 20

Old Barker v Beecroft - Crofties won this fixture comfortably last year so I’ll back them again by 14

Champagne Rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Div 3 Predictions.
1st Grade
Manly Savers v Knox: Think this could be a bottom of the table clash, A club (manly) that can only string one grade together seems destined to struggle, Knox played poorly last week, need to see something that shows they dropping to div 3 is arresting their downward spiral. Saying that I think Manly seemed to go okay last week and seem to have a similar core to their squad from last year and I will be leaning their way, Savers by 7.
Barker v
Beecroft: Match of the round. Beecroft seem promising and the scoreboard looked convincing last week but don't think they will have improved enough on last years lost to the BOBs at Turramurra, If BOB's have a similar team to last year expect them to win at home in a closer edition to last years game, BOBS by 12.
Harlequins v Habour: Harlequins will be hoping to turn around a disappointing result last week, but think the class of an Harbour team looking to take the next step in div 3 will be too much, Harbour by 19.
2nd Grade
Assuming unless i hear otherwise manly has only one team this year.
Barker v Beecroft: Beecroft beat them last year and I think the harlequins team Beecroft beat last week will do okay in this competitin, Will be interested as to how BOB's recrutied but based on the limited I know, Beecroft by 17
Harlequins
v Harbour: Expect a close game between two decent sides, I think the quinns experience and set piece will get them over the line against an unseen and untested div 3 Harbour, Quinns by 5.
Colts
Gordon v Knox: Starting to think the Shute shield teams will be running the comp this year (my bold prediction after week 1) in what I predict will be a close competition.
BOBS v Beecroft: Surprised Beecroft lost last week but unless barker had a big recruitment drive which is always possible in colts expect Beecroft to get their first win of the season, Beecroft by 22.
Easts v Gordon: Got to be honest not a clue. But if I had to have a guess which I have done so for all the other games, Gordon by 8.

Eastcoast

Ted Fahey (11)
Slow day at work for EastCoast so I went back and watched some snippets of the Div 2 and Div 3 games.

Not sure if it was the Weather or Round 1 but I felt the quality of the games was pretty poor. Div 2 didnt look as fast or physical as it was 2 years ago.

Div 3 looked poor. Knox seemed to have lost alot of players. Savers had a strong pack but backline seemed very poor. Oysters look a boring side. Beecroft were good against a poor Harlequins. @Northmead_Ned Whats doing?