• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Look, it is a bit of a cheeky jibe on my part ;) but jeez ... it's Subbies!

And I'm absolutely certain this isn't the opinion of everyone at Hunters Hill :)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
In saying that - Expecting a huge turnout at Boronia on Saturday for Round 1

I reckon - bit of rain around today but it should clear up. If I wasn't playing at 2PM I'd drop in for a watch.

What's up with the big divot in the middle of the pitch at Boronia tho? Was up that way on Sunday and noted the centre square is a bit rough.

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hmmm. Savers post their draw for the year!
340800305_527814052886689_6210412089555448983_n.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hmmm. Savers post their draw for the year

It is interesting in the wider context of that division:

Oysters - don't care about 2nd Grade
Knox, Iggies - weren't flush with numbers in Round 1
Barker - have struggled for numbers beyond 2s
Beecroft, Harlequins - probably a bit shitty about it.

oldmate11

Allen Oxlade (6)

I predict that Div 3 will be a mess by round 7

Doritos Day

Tom Lawton (22)
This monsoon cant be good for the idea of playing on Saturday… how trigger happy will councils be off the back of a double la nina

Let it sing

Stan Wickham (3)

If the Crofties and Quins had the numbers to play in Div 2 as per rumours they can only blame themselves

Champagne Rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
If the Crofties and Quins had the numbers to play in Div 2 as per rumours they can only blame themselves
If you look at the results from last seasons it was a relatively safe assumption to assume their would be 2 grades for each team for the season;
- Oysters runner up 2nd grade div 4;
- Savers finished 4th 2nd grade div 4;
- Barker fielded 2 grade entire div 2;
- Iggies; fielded 3 grades for most of div 2;
- Quins fielded 3 grades for most of div 2;
- Croft fielded min 2 grades sometimes 3 in div 2;
- Knox wildcard were in div 1 but were lucky to have a colts and a 1st grade at the end of season.

First grade should be okay this year although some teams will be considerably stronger than other (reality of sport competitions).
2nd grade could be heading for trouble. I predict its unlikely savers will field an away team and if another team falls (maybe Knox) with the bye and wet weather weeks 2nd grade players in some clubs could be averaging a game every two weeks. It would also make for a weak final series with 4 of the 6 clubs progressing to the finals.
Colts will be okay, premier teams which appear fairly detached from the subbies side means the teams which are likely to struggle for 2nd grade players will be okay.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hoping now that we're post-Easter a few players are coming back from an extended break.

I noticed even some bigger clubs weren't advertising preseason until well into Feb/Mar so it is going to be an interesting year.