• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Rigby

Frank Row (1)
What are everyone’s predictions for div 2 semi finals this week?

1st grade:
Mjr SF: Lindfield vs UNSW
Mnr SF: Newport vs Epping

2nd grade:
Mjr SF: Lindfield vs UNSW
Mnr SF: Hills vs Hawkesbury Valley

3rd grade:
Mjr SF: Epping vs Hills
Mnr SF: Lindfield vs UNSW

Colts:
Mjr SF: Lindfield vs Newport
Mnr SF: UNSW vs Epping

4th grade:
Mjr SF: ? vs ?
Mnr SF: ? vs ?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
4th grade:
Mjr SF: ? vs ?
Mnr SF: ? vs ?

I guess - looking at the Halligan Cup ladder - this should be

MajorSF: Lindfield v UNSW
MinorSF: Epping v Hills

1690679374324.png

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Agreed
She's one of the best and will go far beyond Subbies.

What was your issue with the colts re

Agreed. She has a higher calling.

I think Colts penalty count was 23-3 with two yellow cards to Newport. When the opposition start laughing and shrugging their shoulders over rulings you know everyone’s in for a frustrating day.

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
I guess - looking at the Halligan Cup ladder - this should be

MajorSF: Lindfield v UNSW
MinorSF: Epping v Hills

View attachment 17055
Not how its working, allegedly.
It will be 1 v 4 (Lindfield vs Hills) and 2 v 3 (UNSW vs Epping) in a fortnight and the winners advance straight through to the grand final. Not sure why they wouldn't follow the path of the rest of the division, but hey.... that's Subbies.

Bismarck12345

Stan Wickham (3)
Newport and Epping are making up the numbers.
How it’s been the last 2 years. UNSW has been consistently good but a team has been better than them each year (Newport last year and seemingly lindfield this year). Always good to see teams get stronger though, it could be different each year.

Uzimal1989

Bob McCowan (2)
She's one of the best and will go far beyond Subbies.

What was your issue with the colts ref?
Well I watched the colts game between the two clubs felt like he was trying to give them all a lecture at one point and at another point felt like he was trying to babysit both teams lol and both teams were guilty of giving him a little bit too much lip

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well I watched the colts game between the two clubs felt like he was trying to give them all a lecture at one point and at another point felt like he was trying to babysit both teams lol and both teams were guilty of giving him a little bit too much lip

I think it is great that the 1st grade Ref is mic’d up with the lower grade Refs as touch judges. A good opportunity for them to learn and listen to top line refs about game management and player communication.

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
Division 3 First Grade
Harbour v Beecroft - Harbour's 1-3-3-1 style has opened up most teams in the division. However, Beecroft have the speed and fitness to match them. The baby crofts are deadly in open play and can turn any chance into a try. They are split at one win each this year, but no-one has been within 20 points of Harbour in 7 games. Harbour by 10.

Knox vs Harlequins - Match of the day. Harlequins have had a poor lead in but handled the disruption well, easily accounting for Barker. Knox have been in good form, knocking off Beecroft only two weeks ago, and us 21-13 a fortnight earlier. Knox have a very experienced forward pack which is mixed with a speedy backline. I will stay loyal, but only just. Harlequins by 1.

Division 3 Second Grade
Beecroft v Harbour - Beecroft are on a 9 match winning streak but have not won by more than 12. They have ground teams into the dirt, including a 4 point win over Harbour a month ago. Harbour have not played in a month, so form is out the window. Low scoring match. Harbour by 3.

Harlequins vs Barker - The forwards rolled over Barker yesterday and it would be a big turn around for a different result. Harlequins by 14.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think Colts penalty count was 23-3 with two yellow cards to Newport.

I just finished watching the first half.

Are Newport's Colts aware of the Laws around lifting tackles?

Both yellow cards looked fairly justified. I don't think anyone could have complaint with that, but I also think Valley were probably lucky not to see one or two as well.

Quite a lot of chat out there, which wasn't helping matters for either team. Lot of slow learners I must say.

LRUsoldier

Allen Oxlade (6)
I just finished watching the first half.

Are Newport's Colts aware of the Laws around lifting tackles?

Both yellow cards looked fairly justified. I don't think anyone could have complaint with that, but I also think Valley were probably lucky not to see one or two as well.

Quite a lot of chat out there, which wasn't helping matters for either team. Lot of slow learners I must say.

The tackles look dangerous to me. You would think the judiciary will be having a close look at these this week.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The tackles look dangerous to me. You would think the judiciary will be having a close look at these this week.

The judiciary will only look at matters brought to it either via red card or citing by a club. There is no citing officer or other capacity to review all games for incidents

21mm

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not sure who LRUsoldier is but those comments and general attitude towards the other teams does not reflect the attitude shared amongst the club.
Likely someone who is just trying to drub up some hate on Lindfield...

Added motivation for them to show their players?

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 3 Predictions

1st Grade

Lindfield vs UNSW
Lindfield go through as undefeated premiers. They appear to have a balanced roster with a structured pack, playing off the back of their 10, with wide running backorders at 5 and 6 who use the space in the field very well. Lindfield by 7.

Newport vs Epping
HeavyD is reporting that Newport could go all the way, but they are leaving it late and have struggled for consistency. Epping will continue to target the middle channel and run their attack off their 8. Newport have some class that may get them over the line. Newport by 9, but ill be cheering the underdog Rams on.

2nd Grade:
Lindfield vs UNSW
When did Lindfield 2nd Grade last lose? The trophy could go to them this week. Uni have not been as strong so unless they get their European contingent back its lights out. Lindfield by 21.

Hills vs Hawkesbury Valley
Hills were being built up as the dark horse in Stockdale, but they have fallen off the wagon the last two weeks. A few red cards have not helped and player numbers are down. Valley seem to have limped in, so Hills will have enough here on the back of their front row and kicking strategy.

3rd Grade:
Epping vs Hills
The wheels seem to have fallen off at Epping as they have struggled to put away bottom ranked sides. Hills have dispatched similar opposition by 40-50 each week. Hills by 25.

Lindfield vs UNSW
UNSW appear to have given up as priorities may shift to their 2s side. UNSW have lost their last 3 games by 40+. Lindfield are taking it to everyone and this will be their easiest win of the day. Lindfield by 40.

Colts
Lindfield vs Newport
I thought this would be close after Round 2, but Europe seems to of hit Newport colts. Lindfield trounced them a few weeks ago and Newport have found recent wins difficult. Lindfield by 15 but Newport will dig in.

UNSW vs Epping
UNSW have been the big movers in the back end of the year. Epping have been hot and cold and If they turn up could trouble the yellow men. Uni did recently lose by a point to Newport, while Epping lost by 30, so form is with the yellow men. UNSW by 7.