• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sunwolves vs Waratahs - Saturday 2nd July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

Did what they had to do, strong win with bonus point. Just have to reload, reset and do it again each game now. The finals have already started for the Bush Donkeys and Tah's - and its basically knock out from here.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Two wins each by the Brumbies and Tahs will probably see both in the finals so there's plenty to play for.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Best thing for me in this win was their effort on the bell to not let in a try

It showed great character

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
It's hard to get excited about a game against that opposition but what odds 20-year-old Andrew Kellaway being Aussie rookie of the year?

He overplayed his hand a couple of times in this game, as young players do, but, as in his school days, he is playing with a maturity that is uncommon, has a fine sense of where the other 29 players are on the field, is hard to put down when held, and can plot a line through defenders - or to opponents in space.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I said earlier in the season Lee that this Kellaway kiddie has Wallaby Gold written all over him. I think he's a seriously good prospect and has been since the U/20's when I first saw him.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I said earlier in the season Lee that this Kellaway kiddie has Wallaby Gold written all over him. I think he's a seriously good prospect and has been since the U/20's when I first saw him.

I first noticed him in his U16 year but we heard about him in the forum before that as a rising star. Not many players recognised so young shine as professional players but Kurtley Beale, who gob-smacked me as a 13-year-old did, and later so did another Sydney wunderkind, Henry Hutchison, when 15.

Hutchison was named World Rugby Sevens Player of the Year recently for many reasons; not least his innate rugby smartness.

People have questioned his lack of size for the 15-man game, by rote, except as a scrum half - but don't be surprised that he proves to be a rarity and confounds such opinion.

But I digress.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Two wins each by the Brumbies and Tahs will probably see both in the finals so there's plenty to play for.
Two wins won't be enough if the Highlanders beat the Jaguares or Chiefs. From my calculations at least one bonus point win will be needed.
Certainly going to be very interesting this coming weekend.
I think Brumbies have the kinder draw to finish off on.
The Blues are going to cause some problems, even though they are done, and the Hurricanes still aren't guaranteed a spot so Hurricanes Tahs next weekend will be the game to watch.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Plus Brumbies have nine wins c.f. 'tahs eight, wins being the first tie-breaker, while the 'tahs have the better points differential, that being the second tie-breaker. Put another way, 'tahs likely need two wins, at least one with a BP, & a Brumbies loss to win the Conference or two wins plus a 'canes or Clan loss to grab the last wildcard. Obviously beating the 'canes next week brings the second-mentioned scenario into play but it's still a bridge too far IMO.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Two wins with no bonus points could be enough for the Waratahs but there is no option that doesn't see them rely on other results.

The Hurricanes have a very tough finish with the Crusaders away so it is conceivable they won't win another game and finish on between 44 and 46 points. That would mean two wins would be enough.

It's pretty simple for the Tahs though. They have to beat the Hurricanes next Saturday night otherwise there is no point thinking about the week after.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just win with a bunch of fucking bonus points.

If you get in, great.

If you don't, well stiff fucking bikkies for losing to the Rebels by playing like a bucket of shit.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Not many players recognised so young shine as professional players but Kurtley Beale, who gob-smacked me as a 13-year-old did, and later so did another Sydney wunderkind, Henry Hutchison, when 15.

I first recognised HH's talent when he was 13 just as he stepped me for the tenth time in Melbourne club training ;).

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Kellaway is turning into what we all thought he would after his U20s form, it's Dempsey who is blowing my mind. He should be starting from now on with Mumm on the bench. Power and speed for a big man is impressive.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Kellaway is turning into what we all thought he would after his U20s form, it's Dempsey who is blowing my mind. He should be starting from now on with Mumm on the bench. Power and speed for a big man is impressive.

Yeah, he's been very impressive. Also plays with a pleasing abrasiveness that has often been wanting in Australian forward play.

Status
Not open for further replies.