• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super 14 By Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomo

Bob McCowan (2)
Just looked at the super 14 by nation. I do this by simply averaging the points fo teams in each nation. I was a bit surprised to see the Australians leading the way. I can't remember the last time I saw the Kiwis headed in this stat - they are normally head and shoulders above the rest. The other surprise is that SA are dead last despite having the top two teams. Mind you the SAs a re generally last in this stat, so I guess that aspect in is not totally unexpected.

Avg Points
SA 13.2 (Bulls + Cheetas on 5 games)
Aus 18.5 (Reds + Force on 5 games)
NZ 14.8 (Chiefs + Blues on 5 games)

And, yes, early in the season, I know.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Could you please give us the Six Nations by average competition points per nation?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Biffo said:
Could you please give us the Six Nations by average competition points per nation?

France 10
United Kingdom and associated outlying islands 8
Italians who can't play soccer 6

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Australia is in the lead despite only have 4 teams vs the 5 of NZ and SA? Interesting. I wonder how this translate to the Tri-nations kekeke :nta:

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Blue said:
Biffo said:

France 10
United Kingdom and associated outlying islands 8
Italians who can't play soccer 6

I would really prefer an answer from Thomo himself :) :)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Interesting thread Thomo, and I'd love to see averages for a few more stats by country such as tries, points against, points difference etc.

@Biffo, I believe it's a different Thomo to Thomond78.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Moses said:
Interesting thread Thomo, and I'd love to see averages for a few more stats by country such as tries, points against, points difference etc.

@Biffo, I believe it's a different Thomo to Thomond78.

Ahh, I shouldn't have expected the leprechaun to appear within a few months - he'll be very busy preparing his diatribe against all things southern. 3N referees and John O'Neill once again conspiring to thwart Ireland's 6N campaign.

The real Thomo: Sorry.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Even with the Rebels on zero points next season we'd still have 14.8 points...another example of how misleading statistics can be I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.