• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super AU R2 - Reds v Rebels Suncorp Stadium 26/2

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also classic Wessels Rebels, bringing the opposition down to our level.
Same as last season, we are the South Africa of Aus rugby with how we play. It ain’t pretty but it’s effective against teams that are more talented

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Ed Craig was good and is very experienced. Has played Super Rugby, Australian Under 20's with Jordan Uselese, and Australian Schoolboys, as well as Senior Rugby with Eastwood since he left school. Read his wikipedia page if you are not from Eastwood.

Very solid tonight. The Rebels lineout losses should be attributed to the Lifters timing and the Jumpers themselves.

Still convinced you’re Ed’s dad

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah, when I looked at the team and in particular the bench I thought who are they? It really showed as we didn't get much from out subs at all. First 15 did really well even if the attack lacked any penetration.

The subs are going to need to get much better. If your picked , raw or not you have to stand up and tonight they didn't.
Exactly right, I couldn’t agree with you anymore.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels are missing 4 international players in Naisarani, DHP, Hanson and Sordoni. Also Leota, Skelton and Orr will bolster the side well.

Cautiously optimistic by that loss considering the state of our team.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Rebels are missing 4 international players in Naisarani, DHP, Hanson and Sordoni. Also Leota, Skelton and Orr will bolster the side well.

Cautiously optimistic by that loss considering the state of our team.
Rob Leota played tonight I agree that we have a lot of improvement in us. But you have to have squad depth we had a chance to stamp ourselves as contenders tonight and we let it slip. Now we have to play away in Canberra and will be up against it

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
That was a game the Reds didn’t deserve to win . Everyone bought into the game plan and kept saying so right until the end, “ they will be fatigued if we just keep playing UP TEMPO “ . Remember the common distaste at a similar “ no plan B” Wallabies coach not so long ago.

Reds would have won the game in a canter just by playing good rugby . Feel for Tate having just played the dumbest game on memory, the amount of points on offer that were pissed away by a quick tap for the sake of up tempo rugby hopefully will not be repeated.

Someone though has made that the game plan and that is a worry.

Got the win and the opportunity to learn , hopefully the learning bit happens .

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
As much as it’s easy to be critical of the reds and their up tempo tactics and failing to adapt to the game the Rebels are guilty of the same thing. Yes we had some inexperience in the backs but there is also plenty of experience there between Powell, To'omua, Hodge and Koroibete. We starved Koroibete of any ball and it hurt us. He is the type of player we should have looked for when we were a man up

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Same as last season, we are the South Africa of Aus rugby with how we play. It ain’t pretty but it’s effective against teams that are more talented

I get that and am fully appreciative of different teams using different tactics, but at the same time it’s super frustrating because we’ve just launched on a new streaming service and FTA, it’s make or break for our sport, and that kind of play is not going to win us any new fans whatsoever. I can’t see any casual person tuning in enjoying what we saw tonight. Sorry for the little rant. I just desperately want this Stan/9 deal to go well!

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The tap the attempted 50/22 really did me in the opening minutes. Wtf was that? If they had just kicked it out off the penalty they would have gotten the throw anyway. Bizzare.
Yeah it was like they were brainwashed into playing a certain way, no heads up into what was actually going on in front of them .

The Grey Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
There has been more awareness of rugby in and around Sydney this year, on billboards, bus shelters, social media, newspapers, internet and TV so far this year than the last 10 years combined from Foxtel.

I presume similar campaigns are running in other major centres.

Shame on you Foxtel. You and Kairns and co killed the golden goose a long time ago. Thank you Raylene.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I get that and am fully appreciative of different teams using different tactics, but at the same time it’s super frustrating because we’ve just launched on a new streaming service and FTA, it’s make or break for our sport, and that kind of play is not going to win us any new fans whatsoever. I can’t see any casual person tuning in enjoying what we saw tonight. Sorry for the little rant. I just desperately want this Stan/9 deal to go well!
Blatantly not true. Tonight was a great contest that could’ve gone either way. Rebels played to their strengths and should be praised for playing smart rugby. The wallabies would’ve won a few more games under Chek if they had a game plan like the Rebels tonight.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
There has been more awareness of rugby in and around Sydney this year, on billboards, bus shelters, social media, newspapers, internet and TV so far this year than the last 10 years combined from Foxtel.

I presume similar campaigns are running in other major centres.

Shame on you Foxtel. You and Kairns and co killed the golden goose a long time ago. Thank you Raylene.
WTF? Conflation of conspiracy theories here.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
A lot of complaints about the ref, but as far as I could see he was right most of the game. Poor discipline from both side. So ma y penalties. The players should be expected to adapt to the rules.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Blatantly not true. Tonight was a great contest that could’ve gone either way. Rebels played to their strengths and should be praised for playing smart rugby. The wallabies would’ve won a few more games under Chek if they had a game plan like the Rebels tonight.

I’m happy to praise them for helping me sneak in an early power nap? I joke of course, I’m not really bagging them, as I said I’m appreciative of different tactics. It’s what makes our game great. I worry that casual observers may have been frustrated by that first half particularly. I was, and I understand the game.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I’m happy to praise them for helping me sneak in an early power nap? I joke of course, I’m not really bagging them, as I said I’m appreciative of different tactics. It’s what makes our game great. I worry that casual observers may have been frustrated by that first half particularly. I was, and I understand the game.
Think your frustration was more with the Reds’ performance than the Rebels.