• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 QF: Blues vs NSW Waratahs

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Friday, June 9th.

Eden Park, NZ.

Official Tahs Matchday Team GIF:

bungle-rainbow.gif

Official Blues Matchday Team GIF:

LBU1N.gif

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
While I know this won't be the side, subject to fitness my Tahs side would be:
Lambert, Porecki, Holtz, Holloway, Hanigan, Seu, Hooper, Gleeson, Gordon (c), Edmed, Pietsch, Foketi, QWalton, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase), Dowling Res: Vailanu, Faulkner, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Sinclair, Gamble, Wilson, Donaldson, Perese
Dowling seems left field, and I agree, desperation, but we must have a 15 who knows how to play 15.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Gordon confirmed out already. Gleeson, Holloway, Foketi and Perese all doubtful.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I hadn't seen that. Gordon is a loss, he basically runs the backline as we don't have a 10 capable of doing that. I imagine Goddard will start, but I would prefer Wilson. Gleeson and Holloway also major losses. I wonder of the Blues will declare!

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
While I know this won't be the side, subject to fitness my Tahs side would be:
Lambert, Porecki, Holtz, Holloway, Hanigan, Seu, Hooper, Gleeson, Gordon (c), Edmed, Pietsch, Foketi, QWalton, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase), Dowling Res: Vailanu, Faulkner, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Sinclair, Gamble, Wilson, Donaldson, Perese
Dowling seems left field, and I agree, desperation, but we must have a 15 who knows how to play 15.
Is Bowen and Teddy Wilson elgible for this match? If so i definitely think they deserve a spot in the bench at the very least. Edmed and Donaldson are not up for it at 10. Bowen had decent matches against both NZ sides for the u20s.

I also like Dowling at 15. There really isn't anyone else that can play back there. Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) looked out of position, and Donaldson, well i don't really want him in the 23 at all.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Is Wilson fit? I'm comfortable with him getting a run at 15. Big body who plays a simple style of footy which hopefully can be error free. Mark is a Winger and a very good one. We shouldn't weaken that spot just to half cover another.

Forwards had no punch. If Gleeson & Holloway don't both start I don't know how they'll score any points tbh.

In theory Bowen and Wilson should be available if fit but I don't see Bowen being called in when he's a pure 10. If Wilson was unavailable who would the Tahs 4th Halfback be? Theo Strang, Lachlan Albert both have Super Rugby experience in the Shute Shield. Nick Duffy has been around forever for Norths.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Is Bowen and Teddy Wilson elgible for this match? If so i definitely think they deserve a spot in the bench at the very least. Edmed and Donaldson are not up for it at 10. Bowen had decent matches against both NZ sides for the u20s.

I also like Dowling at 15. There really isn't anyone else that can play back there. Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) looked out of position, and Donaldson, well i don't really want him in the 23 at all.

I would suggest it would best for their mental health to miss being anally raped at Eden Park so early in their careers, leave them for the junior test

Start Donaldson so any distress over him leaving is wiped from our memories

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tuipulotu is out with a broken arm meaning the Blues are coming full circle and ending the season like they started it; with no fucken locks.

Blues and All Blacks lock Patrick Tuipulotu has been ruled out of the Super Rugby Pacific playoffs after sustaining a broken arm. Coach Leon MacDonald confirmed Tuipulotu’s injury on Monday and said he would be sidelined for six weeks.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Blues are as brainless as they are beautiful.

The wheels fall off all too easily.

They're pretty much leaderless.

Like myopic carthorses, they'll mindlessly plow away at pick and go assaults on the enemy tryline and ignore a 5 on 1 stroll-in out in the backs.

That said..... with NSFW missing Jake Gordon and maybe a couple of Gleeson, Holloway, Foketi and Perese..... if the Blues do manage to conspire to perform a Monster Reverse Suplex Cock & Balls Choke for the ages and somehow LOSE this rugby football match..... at Eden Park..... I will shamefully throw myself at the mercy of the forii for 1 week and basically do anything you tell me to. Full Reek mode. ANYTHING.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just Gordon and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) missing in the end (and Bell & Jorgenson from a completely full-strength team).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
WARATAHS (1-15): Te Tera Faulkner, Dave Porecki, Archer Holz, Jed Holloway, Ned Hanigan, Lachie Swinton, Michael Hooper (c), Langi Gleeson, Harrison Goddard, Ben Donaldson, Dylan Pietsch, Lalakai Foketi, Joey Walton, Izaia Perese, Mark Nawaqanitawase

RESERVES: Mahe Vailanu, Tom Lambert, Nephi Leatigaga, Taleni Seu, Charlie Gamble, Teddy Wilson, Tane Edmed, Harry Wilson

I was going to watch this but saw that Ben O'Keefe was reffing, don't think I can do that to myself.