• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024 General Chat

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
> Blues with two genuine first five options
> Crusaders scrounging around yeeting school kids against the wall and praying something sticks

tenor.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Jacomb looks a good player but not sure how much gametime he'll get with DMac running the show at 10.

Speaking of Naki players playing for the Chiefs I'll be interested if Boschier can take his NPC form to Super in a competitive Chiefs loosie mix.
I realise what Jacombs problem will be, with both DMac and Ioane in front of him, just think he may force a bit of time on the field. Just have a sneaky feeling if he gets on earlish in season he will force a little thinking of preferred 10s in Chiefs .

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rivez Reihana has been around a few seasons now. Has nearly 50 NPC caps. Agreed that neither him or Kemara look nearly as good as Burke.

For some reason I thought Heremaia Murray was younger than 23 & had been recruited to play 10 but I see he's listed as an outside back.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Has anyone seen any super rugby advertising to kick off the season outside of this forum or Stan content?
Yeah, plenty of social media content getting pushed out and as advertising on the nine papers' websites (SMH, BrisbaneTimes, etc). The Reds have been out and about doing plenty of media in Brisbane too, not sure how it has been in other cities.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah, plenty of social media content getting pushed out and as advertising on the nine papers' websites (SMH, BrisbaneTimes, etc). The Reds have been out and about doing plenty of media in Brisbane too, not sure how it has been in other cities.

That is good. I haven't seen any to be honest but glad others have.

I know the Reds have been out and about a bit - I'm hoping a decent crowd turns out. My friend at Ticketek tells me pre-sale tickets for this weekend have been quite poor.

I know this sounds like a strange intersection but I wonder how much the Tay Tay gig in Sydney will affect crowds in Round 1. I'm surprised to know way more people than I thought heading down there this weekend to take their children to the concert/go themselves. A couple of rusted on Reds members included.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
That is good. I haven't seen any to be honest but glad others have.

I know the Reds have been out and about a bit - I'm hoping a decent crowd turns out. My friend at Ticketek tells me pre-sale tickets for this weekend have been quite poor.

I know this sounds like a strange intersection but I wonder how much the Tay Tay gig in Sydney will affect crowds in Round 1. I'm surprised to know way more people than I thought heading down there this weekend to take their children to the concert/go themselves. A couple of rusted on Reds members included.
Yeah, it doesn't surprise me to hear ticket sales are down. It's a bit of a risk starting with a big derby game like this - there's a decent chunk of casual fans that might go but just don't realise the competition is going until a few rounds in. Hopefully there will be a big push once the teams are named, but the forecast this weekend will probably keep the numbers down.

Not sure about the Taylor affect, it has seen flight prices between Sydney and Brisbane sky rocket but that's more in the opposite direction. Not sure how big an interstate contingent is normally expected either. Cost of living is the other one that's likely to really bite this year, more so then the last few. It'll probably be hard to know what effect that's having vs interest levels in rugby until the NRL season kicks off though.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Can confirm I'm a Swiftie who'd otherwise be at Suncorp on Saturday

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Cost of living is the other one that's likely to really bite this year, more so then the last few. It'll probably be hard to know what effect that's having vs interest levels in rugby until the NRL season kicks off though.
There are adult tickets available for $20, or $50 for a family of 4 for Reds v Tahs. All junior players get in for free (and Tahs are doing similar for their games)

All teams seem to be doing a pretty good job of keeping the cost of tickets down this year

Wilson

David Codey (61)
There are adult tickets available for $20, or $50 for a family of 4 for Reds v Tahs. All junior players get in for free (and Tahs are doing similar for their games)

All teams seem to be doing a pretty good job of keeping the cost of tickets down this year
Yeah, ticket prices are pretty good for the most part but there will definitely be hesitancy. I think the bigger issue comes from extras like food and soft drinks and it's as much of a vibe that it's an expensive night out as it is the reality of it. Hopefully there will be a good bit of advertising around those free tickets for juniors and the deals available to help counter that.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah, ticket prices are pretty good for the most part but there will definitely be hesitancy. I think the bigger issue comes from extras like food and soft drinks and it's as much of a vibe that it's an expensive night out as it is the reality of it. Hopefully there will be a good bit of advertising around those free tickets for juniors and the deals available to help counter that.

Agree - I don't think the cost of tickets for Super Rugby has ever been prohibitive.

Buy if you're a family of 4, chances are it'll be a $200 night out including tickets, food and drinks. If I stay at home I can grab a nice bottle of wine, a few premium steaks and sausages for the kids for less.

I believe the alcohol tax has gone up recently as well, I'm expecting a mid-strength beer at Suncorp to cost $11 this year.