• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
ngl I do like getting these hot takes from half pickled fans. Make it a regular thing and get some real cooked cnts out there in front of the cameras.

Q: The Hurricanes are a younger team who lost a few players. Who do you like?
A: It is a younger team, but we got some good boys there. Ruben Love, we got all the young boys, even the co-captains this... tomorrow and we'll see how they go.

Top 1% intellectual Canes supporter.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Drua capitulating. Mick the Kick will be spewing.

Looking at 0 and 2. My Expert Prediction of them making the final not looking too flash

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
So fucking stupid by the Drua. Tap and go when your 40 out in extra time? Dumbest fucking decision you could've made.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kepu and Moana did well to hold on against refball.

Drua were pretty mid when playing without a two man advantage, as evident by their attack coming to a screaming halt once Moana were back to a full defensive line. Trying to play too much Sevens nonsense without the benefit of Fiji's stifling humidity.

Moana look to have a much more solid/consistent - if far less flashy - platform to build from.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Kepu and Moana did well to hold on against refball.

Drua were pretty mid when playing without a two man advantage, as evident by their attack coming to a screaming halt once Moana were back to a full defensive line. Trying to play too much Sevens nonsense without the benefit of Fiji's stifling humidity.
1709366609857.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well loved that MP (Moana Pasifika) game, was thoroughly entertaining, and although I had Drua in my picks, was stoked at result. Geez there is a change in MP (Moana Pasifika)'s ste piece and defnce that bodes well for them. In no way going overboard on where they will end up, but can see them knocking up a few wins this year!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
A lot of NBA comms offer - shock horror - actual in-game analysis. X's and O's. The stuff us dopes don't pick up on at home. They add value to the broadcast.

JK, Wheeler and SBW add nothing to the broadcast that we cant already see.

You may as well turn off the telly and go sit next to the 3 dumbest blokes in the pub. "Da boyz are up4 this"
Are you implying that this forum doesn’t already know everything?

The last line hints at the real problem I think people have with SBW.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

Time for a 3-page thread detour to facilitate your usual race-baiting schtick and all us white power crackers having to placate you.
Sure…I don’t need to be placated but if it helps people feel better about what gets shown in da mirror then sweet az cuz

You’re hilarious, your meme game is untouchable and you support the ABs and Blues…I love reading your posts. Go for 3 pages or don’t continue any further, it doesn’t matter to me…I know why a lot of people don’t want to hear SBW regardless of what he’s actually saying.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Look at the TNT team for the NBA with Barkey, Shaq, Kenny and Ernie.

They don't commentate the actual games. They are on a panel pre-mid-post match.

I actually found SBW good during the World Cup coverage cos he was on pre and post match.

Commentating during a game is a different skill.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The commentators job is to call the action on the field. Literally the stuff you can see with your own eyes. They might add a few small insights but they are not there to do Xs and Os - that’s what the rugby shows during the week do. Commentators call the game and try to entertain. Sure, you might not like their style or might not find them funny or whatever but if you want full-on game analysis, you’re not gonna get it.

Things I learned in the first few mins during the Blues game from the commentators:

* Sotutu’s 50th game
* Last week’s form for a couple of players
* Christie and Reiko taking a break (after 1 week?!)

From memory, the commentators talked about the Blues strategy of keeping play fairly direct and also talked about Fakatava and the threat he poses at the breakdown for opposition forwards.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
They don't commentate the actual games. They are on a panel pre-mid-post match.

I actually found SBW good during the World Cup coverage cos he was on pre and post match.

Commentating during a game is a different skill.
When SBW first started at Stan he was doing the pre/post game stuff and he was being panned with much of the criticism involving the word ‘bro’.

Here is a guy who has won Super titles, NRL titles, RWC, played in France, is known for his professionalism and hard work and is still close to a few players providing insight into what players mite be thinking or how they see the game and guys on a forum seem to think he doesn’t have anything to add.

His comments on Eddie Jones at the RWC were 100% spot on.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
The commentators job is to call the action on the field. Literally the stuff you can see with your own eyes. They might add a few small insights but they are not there to do Xs and Os - that’s what the rugby shows during the week do.

Well there's a main caller who calls the action and then there's the 'colour' commentators who are supposed to provide the insight.

RemainingInTheGame

Peter Burge (5)
I'm waiting for stan/sky to allow us to mute specific commentators.

I'd personally mute Justin Harrison and keep SBW, but would mute all for a feed from ref mic and that only.