• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
CHIEFS (1-15): Ollie Norris, Samisoni Taukei'aho, Reuben O'Neill, Jimmy Tupou, Tupou Vaa'i, Samipeni Finau, Simon Parker, Wallace Sititi, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Damian McKenzie, Peniasi Malimali, Rameka Poihipi (c), Daniel Rona, Emoni Narawa, Etene Nanai Seturo. RESERVES: Bradley Slater, Jared Proffit, Sione Ahio, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Kaylum Boshier, Cortez Ratima, Josh Ioane, Anton Lienert-Brown

PASIFIKA (1-15): Donald Brighouse, Sama Malolo, Sekope Kepu (c), Tom Savage, Ola Tauelangi, Irie Papuni, Niko Jones, Semisi Paea, Melani Matavao, William Havili, Viliami Fine, Julian Savea, Fine Inisi, Nigel Ah Wong, Kyren Taumoefolau. RESERVES: Samiuela Moli, Abraham Pole, Suetena Asomua, Michael Curry, Miracle Faiilagi, Aisea Halo, Otumaka Mausia, D'Angelo Leuila.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Steady stream of punters heading into FMG when I drove past on my way home from work just after 4pm so hopefully a decent turnout tonight.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm more interested in the implications that match has on the table topping Auckland Blues. Unfortunately I think the Chufs will win handily, but it would almost certainly be a different story if the beautifully skilled Isaia Toeava in his tight-fitting jersey were turning out for Moana. Interested to hear @waiopehu oldboy's thoughts on this topic, as it entail his beloved Auckland Blues and even more beloved Isaia Toeava.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Posted this last year
Felt sorry for Niko Jones. Bit like watching Michael Jordan's kids play basketball. I guess.

He stands around in midfield, never runs with the ball, never gets close enough to the ruck in good enough time to even attempt a turnover. No instincts, no urgency, hesistant about everything. Absolute passenger.
I think he's gotten worse. Completely invisible. Just never in the picture.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Week 8:

Saturday 13/04 Hurricanes v Chiefs 19:05 NZST - Daylight Saving has ended so we're back to being two hours ahead of AEST.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Week 8:

Saturday 13/04 Hurricanes v Chiefs 19:05 NZST - Daylight Saving has ended so we're back to being two hours ahead of AEST.
Thank god for proper games again huh WOB? The 2 games with NZ teams were hard to be interested in , with being confident of big score before kick off. Was interesting to see how some of younger players went, thought Funaki looked handy gor Blues, and as you say Sititi for Chiefs, but so hard to tell with such dominant pack performnces. Still they can only play what's in front etc, though I was a little surprised (in a way) that Tana gave so many of back up players a run, how obviously waved it as a flogging before game.I actually now comtemplating a trip to Wellywood next week to breath in a proper game!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ ended up flicking over to the sevens both nights. And strictly between me & thee I actually enjoyed watching the Warriors (but the comms reminded me why I no longer watch regularly).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ ended up flicking over to the sevens both nights. And strictly between me & thee I actually enjoyed watching the Warriors (but the comms reminded me why I no longer watch regularly).
Lol mate, I must admit I didn't get desperate enough to switch to Warriors, just can't watch league. I know it's beesknees for some(and good on them), but leaves me dead! Hell I went to a SOO game (when I moved to Aus) and left before game finished, and never watched a game since.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes: Ruben Love, Josh Moorby, Billy Proctor, Jordie Barrett, Kini Naholo, Brett Cameron, TJ Perenara, Brayden Iose, Peter Lakai, Brad Shields (capt), Isaia Walker-Leawere, Caleb Delany, Tyrel Lomax, Asafo Aumua, Xavier Numia. Reserves: James O’Reilly, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Pasilio Tosi, Justin Sangster, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Richard Judd, Peter Umaga-Jensen.

Chiefs: Shaun Stevenson, Emoni Narawa, Daniel Rona, Anton Lienert-Brown, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Damian McKenzie, Cortez Ratima, Wallace Sititi, Luke Jacobson (capt), Samipeni Finau, Tupou Vaa’i, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Reuben O’Neill, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross. Reserves: Bradley Slater, Ollie Norris, George Dyer, Jimmy Tupou, Kaylum Boshier, Xavier Roe, Josh Ioane, Rameka Poihipi.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Salivating over the Canes/Chiefs, was going to go down, but with the weather we are due for I just pulled the plaug. The drive down in wet weather doesn't do it for me, f*** I'm getting old!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wellywood forecast is for the rain to stop around kickoff but the wind to stay strong. Could make fielding the inevitable thousand box kicks interesting.