• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU 2020 - The Run Home

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With four weeks left, the competition is now wide open.

The current points table is:

Brumbies 18
Rebels 14
Waratahs 11
Reds 11
Force 2

Remaining matches are:
Brumbies - bye, Waratahs (H), Force (H), Reds (A)
Rebels - Reds (A), bye, Waratahs (H), Force (H)
Waratahs - Force (A), Brumbies (A), Rebels (A), bye
Reds - Rebels (H), Force (A), bye, Brumbies (H)
Force - Waratahs (H), Reds (H), Brumbies (A), Rebels (A)

The race for the third spot is now wide open and I would guess that two wins will clinch a playoff berth. If the Brumbies and Rebels win out then it will come down the respective performances against the Force.

The Brumbies and Rebels really only need one more win each to ensure they make the playoffs.

The Rebels vs Reds game next weekend is likely a pivotal fixture in deciding the final places.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tahs run looks nasty.
Not sure they really were / are a chance anyway, but looking at that, no.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds and tahs both face same teams in last 3 rounds but just different order but reds have home games against brumbies and rebels which to me gives the edge.

I reckon final standings will be 1. Brumbies 2. Rebels and 3. Red

still reckon reds vs brumbies final with brumbies to take it. But showing less clear cut..

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Isn’t it great that our comp isn’t first past the post. This is all building really nicely!

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Where will Tahs v Rebs game be? Or any of their home games? Wouldn’t be Melbourne. Leichhardt? SCG?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
This weeks Reds vs Rebels game is huge for the overall. If Rebels win I think they will end up on top of the log, a loss for the Reds would also seriously put Thorns spot at the helm in jeopardy (especially if the Tahs get a win). A reds win will heap a lot of pressure on the Rebels to finish well against a plucky Force, plus the club has choked twice in the last 2 years when playoffs has seen harder miss than make.

Could literally come down to bonus points.

How good is having teams in contention come the pointy end, it’s why I think it’s important to maintain this comp and look for a different comp to complement it, because no matter what there will always be a positive Aus story at least once a year, and it engages fans.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Force/Tahs match is scheduled for CBus Stadium at Robina. Tahs play their remaining three matches on the Gold Coast, in Canberra and finishing up at Brookvale. Unless, of course, we're banned from entering Queensland..........

Surely we can win two out of that three. :cool:

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Looking at that the last 10 minutes against the Reds is even more annoying. We should be on 16 and the Reds 10.

Don't think we will be taking the Reds lightly, but really think we should get the win. Threw it away first time round and will want to prove we should have won that game.