• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU 2021 Team of the Week

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. Robertson
2. Kaitu'u
3. Tupou
4. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (would've been Leotta except for his tackle rate and missed tackles)
5. ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
6. NA
7. McWreight
8. Wells
9. Cubelli
10. O'Connor
11. Daugunu
12. Godwin
13. Perese
14. Lomani
15. Maddocks

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1. Robertson
2. Kaitu'u
3. Tupou
4. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (would've been Leotta except for his tackle rate and missed tackles)
5. ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
6. NA
7. McWreight
8. Wells
9. Cubelli
10. O'Connor
11. Daugunu
12. Godwin
13. Perese
14. Lomani
15. Maddocks

Tough on Leota, voted MotM and doesn't even crack it. Two Reds locks from a losing side?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tough on Leota, voted MotM and doesn't even crack it. Two Reds locks from a losing side?

It's a bit of a head scratcher, isn't it. I notice some selections have mostly players from the two losing sides this week. Maybe a case of not seeing beyond the colour of the side they follow?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It's a bit of a head scratcher, isn't it. I notice some selections have mostly players from the two losing sides this week. Maybe a case of not seeing beyond the colour of the side they follow?

The Force players are often difficult to include for me as like you I only pick Wallaby eligible players which rules a line through half the Force team. A similar issue with Lomani this week. However I certainly will concede that some of the ineligible players were superior to a few of my selections this week.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
OFFICIAL G&GR SUPER AU TEAM OF THE WEEK

ROUND TEN:

1. BELL (Waratahs) - 3 selection(s)
2. KAITU'U (Force) - 4
3. TUPOU (Reds) - 4
4. LEOTA (Rebels) - 1
5. SALAKAIA-LOTO (Reds) - 1
6. WELLS (Rebels) - 1
7. MCREIGHT (Reds) - 7
8. WILSON (Brumbies) - 3
9. CUBELLI (Force) - 2
10. To'omua (Rebels) - 4
11. OLOWOFELA (Force) - 1
12. GODWIN (Force) - 1
13. PERESE (Waratahs) - 3
14. DAUGUNU (Reds) - 3
15. MADDOCKS (Waratahs) - 4

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
......... and that brings us to this moment:

OFFICIAL G&GR SUPER AU 2021 TEAM OF SEASON

1. JAMES SLIPPER (Brumbies) - 4 selection(s)

2. FELETI KAITU'U (Force) - 4

3. TANIELA TUPOU (Reds) - 4

4. TREVOR HOSEA (Rebels) - 5

5. CADEYRN NEVILLE (Brumbies) - 7

6. ROB VALETINI (Brumbies) - 6

7. FRASER MCREIGHT (Reds) - 7

8. PETE SAMU (Brumbies) - 4

9. NIC WHITE (Brumbies) - 4

10. JAMES O'CONNOR (Reds) - 4

11. MARIKA KOROIBETE (Rebels) - 4

12. HUNTER PAISAMI (Reds) - 4

13. LEN IKITAU (Brumbies) - 5

14. ANDY MUIRHEAD (Brumbies) - 3

15. JACK MADDOCKS (Waratahs) - 4

Just note, both JOC (James O'Connor) and To'omua scored 4 votes this year, and there was a four way battle for the other wing spot between Muirhead, Wright, Daugunu and Petaia all having received 3 votes.

To break the tie, I've gone back through the thread and counted the individual votes each player received and there was a clear winner for each spot.

Having said that, if Tom Wright and Perese had both played a couple of more games they might've smashed the voting.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
There are four spots I would personally change, which would result in another couple of Reds players, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Wilson, being included. But all in all, it's not a bad looking side. Hopefully all will maintain their form through the TT series and lead into a strong performance by the Wallabies v the French.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Thanks Slim - appreciate all your work.

There are always a debate positions - that’s the fun in it. But all in all looks pretty fair.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think if you did 2 teams, one from the first 5 rounds and one from the last 5, they would look completely different. Valetini and Neville perhaps the only common elements.

PS good job Slim

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think if you did 2 teams, one from the first 5 rounds and one from the last 5, they would look completely different. Valetini and Neville perhaps the only common elements.

PS good job Slim

Neville, Valetini, and McReight were certainly the 3 constants.........

Off the top of my head Ikitau was the first player to reach 4 or 5 selections, but Perese certainly dominated the later weeks.

Muirhead is certainly the most contentious pick, but probably benefited from the Reds rotating their wingers, and Wright missing most of the season through injury, and like Perese pulled a lot of votes and regular selection over the last few weeks.