• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Grand Final - Reds v Brumbies - Saturday 8th May 2021

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
yeah berry getting marked down now. tupou getting pinged for getting high at the end of a dominant clear out vs a clear ddt from the ponies?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jeez that ex Reds halfback is doing his former team no favours, Brumbies getting the rub of the green

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Jeez that ex Reds halfback is doing his former team no favours, Brumbies getting the rub of the green

Not sure I agree. I think Berry's been all over the place. I saw no clear release from BPA when the Reds got their first turnover, there was another into the side of the ruck by the Reds he didn't call, or a player slow to roll away... likewise he's let some of the Brumbies indiscretions go too... I don't mind it in the name of letting the game flow, but he's picking a choosing too much for me.

Both teams will win this by taking the ref out of the equation. ie. just score tries :)

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Okay - they are replaying the scrum now. Sio is on much bigger angle than Tupou. But Tupou is boring in????

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Not sure I agree. I think Berry's been all over the place. I saw no clear release from BPA when the Reds got their first turnover, there was another into the side of the ruck by the Reds he didn't call, or a player slow to roll away. likewise he's let some of the Brumbies indiscretions go too. I don't mind it in the name of letting the game flow, but he's picking a choosing too much for me.

Both teams will win this by taking the ref out of the equation. ie. just score tries :)
Well said. Reds are down because the Bumbries have completely controlled territory, nothing to do with the officiating.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Finally Tuppu is penalised for boring in

Yep. He set up in a boring in position and the whole scrum went left with him. That was a prime example of what the Reds have been doing all year in the scrums and up til now, getting away with it.

Incidentally, a very poor decision some minutes beforehand to penalise Lonergan for an excellent, legitimate turnover.