• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rd 9 Force v Waratahs

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Great game. The whole package. The fans, the atmosphere, coverage, comms, squeaky-bum fairy tale finish for Shiggins etc

giphy.gif

"Gidday NSFW east coast elites,
I'm Shiggins from Perth".

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
The Waratahs are supposedly an organisation that is staffed by full time professional coaches and players.

Even the most amateur sub districts side that would be lucky to get half the team to training on a Thursday night would close out that game situation better than the Waratahs.

There is just something culturally and fundamentally wrong with the Waratahs organisation from the pathways up.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tahs screwed up big time.
Agreed.
Anger, disappointment, frustration and incredulity coursing through my blood right now.
We had it won.
First game all season to get a W in the W/L column.
Playing away from home.
New 5/8 kicking and running with aplomb.
All we needed was a conservative line out play and we drink all the way back to Sydney.
Seconds to go - and we stuff up everything.
The game, the season, our pride, our reputation - gone in seconds of decison making disaster.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thought Gordon and Donaldson were a pretty good combination. Perese would not look out of place in Gold.
Yes he would as he would have to be selected ahead of at least 3 centres playing better then him who also haven't been suspended this season. I think he has potential and enjoyed him and hunter going toe to toe a few weeks ago but he lost that battle so not ready for higher honours yet.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It was largely academic because even if we won, we still needed the Rebels to get flogged by the Brumbies tomorrow and then beat them ourselves by about 130 points next week to finish third. It would be nice to remove the duck egg from the Waratahs record for the season though, there’s only next week left unless the Horrorcanes get another 20 injuries.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
I think they called it to the middle, but the hooker overcooked it.

That’s being nice about it.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The Waratahs are supposedly an organisation that is staffed by full time professional coaches and players.

Even the most amateur sub districts side that would be lucky to get half the team to training on a Thursday night would close out that game situation better than the Waratahs.

It was literally rugby 101 at the most basic level. Proper embarrassing.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Yes he would as he would have to be selected ahead of at least 3 centres playing better then him who also haven't been suspended this season. I think he has potential and enjoyed him and hunter going toe to toe a few weeks ago but he lost that battle so not ready for higher honours yet.
Ease up sheriff, I’m not saying Perese should be in the side just that he could do a job if he was.

Gets tiring having the parochial police monitoring every thread for any praise of their non-favoured teams.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I was laughing with my son when they had a 9 point lead with 9 to go. I said it’s hard to see them losing from here and we joked that if anyone could do it it was the Tahs. We laughed that they’d concede a try off the kick off and then give away a penalty on the bell to lose by a point. Not 100% right but wasn’t a bad guess!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I was laughing with my son when they had a 9 point lead with 9 to go. I said it’s hard to see them losing from here and we joked that if anyone could do it it was the Tahs. We laughed that they’d concede a try off the kick off and then give away a penalty on the bell to lose by a point. Not 100% right but wasn’t a bad guess!

So what you are saying is that it's your fault?

Th0mo

Allen Oxlade (6)
I will say though, even if it was the 2 worst teams, it was a great advert to have on FTA.

Except for the small Sydney market who like to back winners.

Tahs look so much better with few key players and the two best refs in SRAU for these last two games. Greatest outrage was giving the small Force bogan #15 motm.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Except for the small Sydney market who like to back winners.

Tahs look so much better with few key players and the two best refs in SRAU for these last two games. Greatest outrage was giving the small Force bogan #15 motm.

They were watching though and got a good game. They had to wait till 3 minutes after the bell to find out they hadn’t.