• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rd 9 Force v Waratahs

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Muirhead looks like a hip hop artist from Edgecliff

I’ll cut the Force fella some slack. At least he looks like he’s a genuine ‘Aussie’ bogan

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Except for the small Sydney market who like to back winners.

Tahs look so much better with few key players and the two best refs in SRAU for these last two games. Greatest outrage was giving the small Force bogan #15 motm.
To be fair, MacGregor’s done pretty well to pull off the bogan look having been raised on Sydney’s North Shore and attending a GPS school there.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Really? Might be my dark blue tinted glasses, but I'd go with the following:
1-3: Force slight advantage
4-5: Force clear advantage
6-9: Pretty even
10: Force clear advantage
11-14: Pretty even
15: Waratahs advantage

10: Force clear advantage??

Apart from Miotti kicking winning goal, Donaldson won the battle of the 10’s tonight with a very cool, calm and collected game ... a brilliant offload to set up a try and 6 from 6 in the goal kicking.. for his first run on game ..pretty good... .

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Perese would not look out of place in Gold.

Could not agree more. I would love to see Perese's 1st tackles beaten stats tonight because he appeared to be beating tackles at will 1st up. My kids kept remarking how good he was too which is some litmus test.

Whether he makes gold or not, it is so good to see him doing well given the demons he has had to overcome to get a contract. I certainly think he wouldnt look out of place in gold although Paisami is having a great season at 12 and 13.

Its a nice change to see a few good centres running around after the last few years of having none. Paisami, Ikitau and Perese should provide good competition for each other for the next few years: even Illi looks interesting at the Rebels.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs or moreso Horton literally threw the game away with the lineout overthrow. Sums up tahs at the moment. Good game marred by tahs (again Horton) throwing the game away when they had it won.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Swinton had another forgettable game I thought Donaldson didn't look out of place played well kicked very well enjoyed the drop kick for goal.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Force all guts two weeks in a row, but also well done the Tahs Going in the right direction.

You right about Tahs Equaliser, I know it sounds almost condescending, but fot Tahs fans, I know many here don't follow NZ super, but have a look at Chiefs, 11 games on the trot they lost, and they looking like making the final ( top 2)in NZ now.

Reactions: TSR

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Last line out of the game win it and kick out end of game.

Throw to the back you deserve to lose. That was stupid stupid stupid rugby.

Well kenny I said same in Chiefs/Crusaders game in NZ, I was sure final throw would go to front of lineout, it didn't regardless of me yelling at tv 'throw the f***en thing to No 2"! I won't say who was involved because of bored rules on match threads and score of other games, but perhaps it was rught they didn't listen to me. So guess there no absolute final rule on what you should do in a particular situation!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Swinton had another forgettable game I thought Donaldson didn't look out of place played well kicked very well enjoyed the drop kick for goal.

Don't agree. Swinton did himself a great disservice being a muppet and it was completely unnecessary. And completely controllable. And it wasn't close to "Not a" penalty (as some have claimed.

But he got involved.

He can forget about gold for now all the same.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
How come Perese couldn't crack a game at the Broncos?
He was very good for the feeder club but often had club legend Boyd playing centre and possibly the best centre in the game Staggs playing a head of him. Then was let go after the drugs bust. Did get a few bench appearances.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Don't agree. Swinton did himself a great disservice being a muppet and it was completely unnecessary. And completely controllable. And it wasn't close to "Not a" penalty (as some have claimed.

But he got involved.

Yeh despite the soft yellow he received. He put on lots of dominant hits. He makes a lot of one on one hits which don’t require gang tackles that suck players out of the defensive line. His issue now is 1) clean up reputation on foul play and 2) build something more to his game than been a tackler

Reactions: dru

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Congrats to Force fans. I’ve only watched the highlights, but they looked like they played their game plan pretty well. Got them there in the end anyway. Looked a good crowd who were pretty pumped and you’d expect a lot of them will be back again next weekend.

Tough for the Tahs. Some good individual performances. Perese showing again that he is a very good rugby player.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I agree, I wasn't saying it wasn't a yellow by the book, only that it was soft and a 5 degree less lift would have only been a penalty.

and if it was only slightly worse it could be a wheelchair

I recognise that the tackle could be seen as a soft yellow card, but the possible consequences of such a tackle should be relevant and it should get a red card in my opinion, especially now that a Red card allows a replacement.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

But he got involved.

Exactly the two things I yelled at the tv when it happened.
"Muppet" and "no gold for you".
(Descriptive adjectives deleted)
10 points while he was off = lost game.