• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Round 5 Brumbies v Reds Saturday 7.15 GIO Stadium

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Both the Aussie refs are doing a terrible terrible job running a match. Just awful.

Well no not this either. Calling back that try? Harsh. But generally the reffing is good. Certainly consistent.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Both the Aussie refs are doing a terrible terrible job running a match. Just awful.

They realise that the success of Super Rugby AU means the death of their all expenses trips all around the world to watch international rugby with a front row seat, and they are sabotaging it as a result by disallowing incredible coast to coast tries because someone farted in someone else’s direction six months ago.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Still cant hit him in the head.. I thought it at the time. Its not like its the first high shot from the Reds tonight. Heres an idea.. tackle lower..
No issue with the call but the nature of it. Should be a one or two phase limit on how far you can go back for a review.

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
Still cant hit him in the head.. I thought it at the time. Its not like its the first high shot from the Reds tonight. Heres an idea.. tackle lower..

maybe the bumbies player should have been penalised for a clear headbutt to the chest of red 6?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
nah. He's right. The NRL is superior thing can stay away from the game thread. Lack of courtesy maybe be he's right.

Entertaining first half with plenty of rugby skills on show. Enjoying this one.

Doesn't justify telling someone to fuck off, I wasn't attacking him, and it wasn't needed.

Reactions: dru

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well no not this either. Calling back that try? Harsh. But generally the reffing is good. Certainly consistent.
Maybe a bit of hyperbole but Gardner has been overly strict and that was just ridiculous.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Maybe a bit of hyperbole but Gardner has been overly strict and that was just ridiculous.

Reds have been on the wrong side of these calls. Like - they have been on the wrong side, you know.

Gardner is fine.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If correctly ruled then good on Berry and I take umbrage with the rules. He wrapped his arms lower, head on chest. In the same way seatbelt tackle on a sliding player is overkill.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I swear the TMO missed a shoulder charge one of the Brumbies did on BPA.
They miss loads of stuff and it only ever matters in the lead up to something fun happening, when it becomes imperative to make sure the fun thing isn't allowed. Only rolling mauls.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
If correctly ruled then good on Berry and I take umbrage with the rules. He wrapped his arms lower, head on chest. In the same way seatbelt tackle on a sliding player is overkill.

Taller man vs shorter man. I thought he made contact with his upper chest but anyway.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
If it's no try, TK should be looking at yellow for cynical play holding Petaia back there