• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Draw 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ripped off! The Reds miss out on pummeling the Kings next season! And the Reds don't play the Crusaders this year either.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Why is that?

The Australian conference starts a week earlier to accommodate the Lions tour. Rounds 18 and 19 with the NZ and Sth African teams only are on the same weekends that the 2nd and 3rd Lions Tests are scheduled.

Bye in round 1 for the Tahs is perfect. I'm away in Melbourne that weekend at a music festival.

Tahs play the Crusaders in a trial game on February 14.

Not only is it on a work/school night, but it's also Valentine's Day. Wacky scheduling.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Ripped off! The Reds miss out on pummeling the Kings next season! And the Reds don't play the Crusaders this year either.

Every team knows they miss one side from each conference and it's luck of the draw.

I'm happy with the Rebels draw, 3 home games in the first 4 rounds and a week off to prepare for the trip to South Africa. Force on the way back and than the Kings, not a bad first half of the season.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Every team knows they miss one side from each conference and it's luck of the draw.

I'm happy with the Rebels draw, 3 home games in the first 4 rounds and a week off to prepare for the trip to South Africa. Force on the way back and than the Kings, not a bad first half of the season.

Yes, I am fully aware of the conference system. Unfortunately certain forms of humour are notoriously difficult to communicate over the internet.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Anyone notice there was absolutely sweet FA build up to the fixtures release?

You look at all the other competitions in Australia, they generally build a bit of hype on social media, with a date/time it will be released.

SANZAR are too busy sending updates about Cheerleaders and topless players, pack of dickheads IMHO.

I found out the news from a SMH journo with the fixture up on Rugby WA's site before all else.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Shame the Reds don't play the Crusaders. It is what it is but they are awsome games when those two sides meet.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I whipped this up if anyone is interested, shows who will everyone will miss and play away

A5FWFm6.png

kenzo

Frank Row (1)
wow the highlanders have a pretty decent draw, no tahs or stormers and only really the bulls on the trot.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
wow the highlanders have a pretty decent draw, no tahs or stormers and only really the bulls on the trot.

There are always winners and losers. This year the Highlanders have a good draw, but that probably just compensates for the travel issues they have. There aren't many direct flights into Dunedin from Oz or SA, so they are always having to do multiple flights to get anywhere. The Blues this year do seem to have gotten the wrong end of the pineapple.

Of the SA teams, the Bulls and Stormers seem to be best served. As if the Stormers needed any help, they're my pick to break their duck this year.

The Reds don't have it easy and the Brumbies have the SA roadtrip from hell. The other three Aussie teams have average sorts of schedules. The Tahs will rue having to have one of their precious lay weeks first up, usually they give this to the bottom team in each franchise but the draw must have been a nightmare to do to fit around the Lions tour this year.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The Blues have been shafted this year, with this draw they might be spending two years in the bottom part of the table. Reds, Tahs and Sharks away and don't have the easy wins over the Force or Kings.

As a Rebels fan I am fairly happy with the draw, SA trip is early in the season and hopefully pick up a overseas win against the Cheetahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.