• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super rugby form vs upcoming test form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Can someone change the title too. "
Super rugby form vs upcoming test form"

--------

If you look at the table this year you would have too say the Aussie sides are the worst off and the nz sides are a close second too the sa sides who are probably first.

Last year the Aussie sides were probably first followed by sa then nz.

When it came too test time nz was by far the best. Is it fair too say super rugby form means nothing when it comes too the tests.

Let me know what you guys think and if you think I'm completely wrong about the ladder this year and last year let me know. It would be cool if a stat man can work out which county does the best on average of all super teams each year.

Go the force!!!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Thank you sir. Is there a way I could have done it myself? How much? Not whinging about refs in the next force game enough?

Go the force!!!!

No problemo. No, you can't. The offer about the refs would be a good deposit!

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I think 3 of the Australian sides struggling is more an indication of levels of depth than anything. We have the least number of registered players, and rugby is the fourth sport in Australia as opposed to the top as in NZ and SA.

However, the Reds are doing well, and the Tahs forwards are performing as well. Given that most of our players will come from these two teams I am confident we can field a very competitive team come the 3N.

A big point I would also make is the quality of the support staff is also important. The Force have the players but are unable to finish the games off (we should have 3 more wins as a minimum I think). The Brumbies also have a very good roster but the dicking around of their coaching staff has meant that most of the team is not in form. When players from these teams get into the Wallaby fold, I think the individual players will turn around their form slumps.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
The Tah's have been terribly unlucky with injury, they would be in a very different position if they had, had a bit of luck. As with the Force.

I think the Rebels have performed very well in their first season. The Brumbies, well no excuses there... Disgraceful.

I think injuries have been the major problem for the Aussie province and it isnt as weak as NZ and SA conclude. Agree with Farva, it will just take a few seasons to develop. Much like the SA teams over the past few years...

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
The Tah's have been terribly unlucky with injury, they would be in a very different position if they had, had a bit of luck. As with the Force.

I think the Rebels have performed very well in their first season. The Brumbies, well no excuses there... Disgraceful.

I think injuries have been the major problem for the Aussie province and it isnt as weak as NZ and SA conclude. Agree with Farva, it will just take a few seasons to develop. Much like the SA teams over the past few years...
That, and we just dont have the depth that the saffers and kiwis do.
Injuries for our super teams mean a major step down in quality, where its business as usual for the kiwi teams (consider the Sadists, still competitive with all of their injuries).

Edit: And consider the Highlanders for evidence of the difference a quality coach makes. Most people had them down as the easy beats of the kiwi conference. But that certainly isnt the case. They have the same roster, but Joseph seems to know how to get them going.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Can someone change the title too. "
Super rugby form vs upcoming test form"

--------

If you look at the table this year you would have too say the Aussie sides are the worst off and the nz sides are a close second too the sa sides who are probably first.

Last year the Aussie sides were probably first followed by sa then nz.

When it came too test time nz was by far the best. Is it fair too say super rugby form means nothing when it comes too the tests.

Let me know what you guys think and if you think I'm completely wrong about the ladder this year and last year let me know. It would be cool if a stat man can work out which county does the best on average of all super teams each year.

Go the force!!!!
First of all SupeRugby is no measurement for test rugby. Your second opinion about Aus first last year is a bit stupid no matter where the Lions ended, the final was an all SA affair. This year its a S100 marathon and SA have by far the best depth. NZ will probably claim otherwise. They have central contracts compare to our provincial contracts, having their best players playing S100 while we simply dont have our best 120 playing S100 rugby. We also have two excellent backup competitions running with S100 in the Vodacom and Varsity Cup. That competition dont only identify new talent but also have more benefits getting injured players back in match fitness aswell keep our fringe sqaud players match fit.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Consider the aus sides only had 4 teams in the comp as well and 3 of the aus sides were in the top 6 I believe.

Note that I did say probably. Is there anyone one that can work out averages and thing too find out which conference is best overall. Unless it is noticeable. Like this year it is quite noticeable that the aus conference is far behind.

Go the force!!!!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Consider the aus sides only had 4 teams in the comp as well and 3 of the aus sides were in the top 6 I believe.

Note that I did say probably. Is there anyone one that can work out averages and thing too find out which conference is best overall. Unless it is noticeable. Like this year it is quite noticeable that the aus conference is far behind.

The sa conference was defiantly not first last year with the other 3 sa teams being 9th and below
Go the force!!!!

Go the force!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.