• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Membership Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is just depressing... On paper the Waratahs are just as good a team as the reds, we just need a half decent marketing campaign to get the numbers up...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This is just depressing... On paper the Waratahs are just as good a team as the reds, we just need a half decent marketing campaign to get the numbers up...
#1 Tah I love your faith in marketing.
The reality is that the tahs need to produce something worth watching on a weekly basis before some of us will consider buying season tickets.
It would also help if the season tickets one bought were not in worse seats than the blow ins got for the big games: when I was a season holder the Crusader's fans were sold seats on half way (thousands of them) while my 4 season tickets were on the tryline. Thats no way to treat the faithful.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
#1 Tah I love your faith in marketing.
The reality is that the tahs need to produce something worth watching on a weekly basis before some of us will consider buying season tickets.
It would also help if the season tickets one bought were not in worse seats than the blow ins got for the big games: when I was a season holder the Crusader's fans were sold seats on half way (thousands of them) while my 4 season tickets were on the tryline. Thats no way to treat the faithful.

Yeah, the Tahs need to play attractive, winning rugby on a consistent basis to entice the fans to get season tickets. Failure to do this will mean no amount of marketing will get fans to sign up.

The Reds are winning at the moment, so it’s no surprise people are jumping on the bandwagon.

The prices/categories of the Tahs season tickets do appear out of sync with the actual location of some of the seats.

T

TOCC

Yeah, the Tahs need to play attractive, winning rugby on a consistent basis to entice the fans to get season tickets. Failure to do this will mean no amount of marketing will get fans to sign up.

The Reds are winning at the moment, so it’s no surprise people are jumping on the bandwagon.

The prices/categories of the Tahs season tickets do appear out of sync with the actual location of some of the seats.
Badger, there is more to it then just winning.. Its safe to say the membership figure is based on a teams performance from the previous year and expectations for the following year.

In 2010 the Waratahs(3rd) finished above the Reds(4th) and with more wins and points scored.. Yet the Reds membership figure for 2011 eclipses that of the Tahs..
Undoubtedly though the winning has seen the membership figure for 2012 jump almost 50% already though.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Badger, there is more to it then just winning.. Its safe to say the membership figure is based on a teams performance from the previous year and expectations for the following year.

Granted on the first, but I think it's fair to say that there are strong expectations every year for the Tahs.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)

Post 2010 there should have been huge marketing on the back of the good late season performances to combat the "Boring Tahs" fallacy that is all over Sydney like a bad smell. Never happened.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
For a town full of AFL hard core fans 12k is a very good number. I would like to see it pushing 16-17k in the future but this would hinge on the force having a couple of good years. But no doubt the game it growing here in Perth and the media seems happy to run stories about the boys year round. Bring on 2012!

D

daz

Does anyone know the breakdown of the Rebels membership? How many members in silver, gold, platinum, etc?

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
For a town full of AFL hard core fans 12k is a very good number. I would like to see it pushing 16-17k in the future but this would hinge on the force having a couple of good years. But no doubt the game it growing here in Perth and the media seems happy to run stories about the boys year round. Bring on 2012!
I thought it was all expat poms and saffas.

D

daz

Rebels 5.5k, aiming for 10k.

Stu, did you go to the Rebels member day at Visy Park this week? Very small turnout of fans I thought (about 1.5K?), but the guys did a very good job interacting with the fans, especially the kids.

D

daz

Rebels 5.5k, aiming for 10k.

I had to speak to the membership office today to sort out a few minor errors with my seating allocation, and was told that the Platinum membership was virtually sold out. I don't know what the cap of members is for this package but that seems to be a very, very good result for the club.

It would be interesting to know what the breakdown of those 5.5K is per members package (Blue, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Weary Dunlop).

Status
Not open for further replies.